• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
d7ve_b

Decent Bodyshop In The Northwest

d7ve_b

Hi,

I've just purchased a rust free passenger door to replace my the current rusty one on my miami. The new door is red so i'm looking for a body shop to spray it up to match. At the same time I'd like the rear arches looking at as some rust has started to appear where the arches meet the sills. The guy I used to use has now retired so i'm on the hunt for a decent bodyshop. I don't want ripping off but i'm prepared to pay decent money for a top notch job. Has anyone got any recommendations of bodyshops in the north west? I'm off J21 of the M62 and willing to travel (within reason).

Cheers,

Dave.

ORB

would you come up to carlisle?

tri_longer

I can't comment on what they are like but Prospray based in Rixton/Hollins Green are only round the corner from me.

As they are near by might be worth a look. http://www.prospray.co.uk/

In fact looking at it, Jct 21 is only down the road from me, whereabouts are you?

mrace2000

I'm also looking for a decent bodyshop in the North West. I'm at J35 on the M6, so Carlisle wouldn't be too far out of my way if it meant I knew I would be getting a proper job done...

I need some remedial work done to some previous repairs to a 106 GTI done by not-so decent bodyshops in the North West and some rust removal /respray on my 205 GTI. The 205 is in pretty good nick, just a little rust starting to bubble through here and there, some slightly dodgy touched-up spots and the odd very small dent, but really good for its 19 years.

The 106 needs the front bumper respraying (wasn't properly primed last time, even after three attempts to match the standard Peugeot colour...), the roof needs respraying (paint rolling up and peeling around sunroof after it needed repairing due to some idiot lobbing a fire extinguisher over a fence onto it when it was parked at the Peugeot dealer in Kendal) and a minor scrape repaired on the rear bumper (where my Mum gently reversed it into a dry stone wall opposite our front drive). :)

I would also rather pay to get it done properly instead of just cheaply!

d7ve_b

Sorry for the delayed reply, been on a city break for the last few days :)

ORB - I'd consider Carlisle if the bodyshop had previous examples proving they were worth the 2hr drive and the pricing was realistic, who did you have in mind?

Tri-longer - http://www.prospray.co.uk/ look interesting, I might give them a call. I'm at J21 off the M62 (Milnrow junction just before the pennines really start)

mrace2000 - if I find a decent place i'll let you know.

Any other suggestions?

mrace2000

Thanks! Prospray wouldn't be out of the question for me either as I'm about halfway between there and Carlisle. Their site looks impressive but the internet can be a pretty misleading place...

tri_longer
Sorry for the delayed reply, been on a city break for the last few days :lol:

Tri-longer - http://www.prospray.co.uk/ look interesting, I might give them a call. I'm at J21 off the M62 (Milnrow junction just before the pennines really start)

Any other suggestions?

I've just realised it was M62 and not M6 :)

Bit further away than I thought, perhaps worth contacting them and asking them for some tesitmonials I guess.

marksorrento205
I've just realised it was M62 and not M6 :)

Bit further away than I thought, perhaps worth contacting them and asking them for some tesitmonials I guess.

I thought the same thing - game on its 5 mins away :lol: Or not as it is

Kennyb

I know of an awesome guy thats blows minds with his finish and blends.......absolute top notch work but he's not that cheap....at the end of the day you get what you pay for though.... In colne lancashire so not to far away......I wouldn't trust anyone else in this area at all...they are all crap compared to this guy

His names bob and link is BJ and KO little place but amazing work :-)

Hope that helps