• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
daveyboyblack

Sigma Alarm Issues After Cage Fitting

daveyboyblack

Ok, hopefully just a quick sense check from someone that's much better at electrics than me!

Currently have a Sigma alarm and immobilser, wired into the central locking as well. After taking out the interior light (to replace the sunroof) and fitting a cage, the alarm is set off anytime I lock the car.

I suspected that it's the lack of the interior light that's caused it but I cannot trace the original wiring from the interior light (removed by the cage fitter).

I always thought that the interior light was likely to be earthed into the door switches, but simply taking the door switches hasn't helped.

Is it likely that the interior light would have had it's own input into the alarm module? (If so then i'm guessing my best bet is it simply work through all the wiring coming out of the module, and pull the dash to bits to find the wiring that has probably just been taped up!)

Cheers

Dave