• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  

Rad Fan Relay

ALEX

back on topic.. The resitsor thing.. there's 2 on mine!

One I think is for the headlights dipped beam the other for the fan, I could be wrong tho, they could both be for the fan?.

They're located one under the headlght mounting panel next to the slam panel, the other on the headlight mounting panel next to the horn.

Usually left hanging as the clip has broken/rusted.

I've noticed they get very hot, and probably why they are located at the front for them to cool down.

I've seen a few that have actually split probably from the heat, but suprisingly still work.

Edited by ALEX

DrSarty
back on topic.. The resitsor thing.. there's 2 on mine!

One I think is for the headlights dipped beam the other for the fan, I could be wrong tho, they could both be for the fan?.

They're located one under the headlght mounting panel next to the slam panel, the other on the headlight mounting panel next to the horn.

Usually left hanging as the clip has broken/rusted.

I've noticed they get very hot, and probably why they are located at the front for them to cool down.

I've seen a few that have actually split probably from the heat, but suprisingly still work.

All correct Alex. Resistors do get hot; that's how they 'resist' electrical flow, and why they are where they are.

Sign in to follow this