• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Bike Tb Choice?

pugpete1108

i am looking for a new set of bike tb's for my setup (current ones are too much of a bodge imo) and for the life of me i cant remember what model bike are the best ones to go for?

i was looking at these ;

ebay link

but i'm not sure on the diameters of them.

can anyone reccomed a set ? that are the easiest to fit obviously they need to be individual due to the 6's port spacings (the set i first brought were the twin setup hence the bodged spacings)

cheers

pete

DrSarty

Diameter shouldn't restrict the BHP level by being too small a size, although PPC (Dave Walker at Emerald) has shown that upper diameter isn't that critical, e.g. they tuned a 2.0L lump on 55mm ITBs, because it's all sorted in the fuelling map.

I went up from 40mm to 46mm, as the choke size and manifold (bodge) design were restricting power. 40mm saw 196bhp and 46mm helped me get to ~228bhp and no doubt more would be possible through these bodies. Maxi runs 48mm IIRC for ~240bhp.

Mine current bodies are GSX1100R I think and are Mikunis, as were the R1 ITBs I used first.

My point in all of the above is that these bike ITBs, like all ITBs are very simple things and as such they all seem to be pretty simple. Jenveys are very good and well made, but so are bike ITBs and they're a fraction of the cost. Spacing of ITBs is pretty easy too and therefore the secret is in getting the right manifold design, as almost all ITBs, providing they are large enough (read: not too small) will work just fine.

The only other issue is the TPS meaning you may just have to figure out which of the 3 pins is sig/+5v/earth(ref) which is not difficult at all with a multi-metre.

Not the specific answer you were after, but more of an overview which was designed to give you far more options and show you it's actually not critical.

For about £600 you could get a full inlet and body set-up from Colin Satchell. This set up works on mine and everyone elses that has them, producing excellent results when mapped well.

Edited by DrSarty

pugpete1108
Diameter shouldn't restrict the BHP level by being too small a size, although PPC (Dave Walker at Emerald) has shown that upper diameter isn't that critical, e.g. they tuned a 2.0L lump on 55mm ITBs, because it's all sorted in the fuelling map.

I went up from 40mm to 46mm, as the choke size and manifold (bodge) design were restricting power. 40mm saw 196bhp and 46mm helped me get to ~228bhp and no doubt more would be possible through these bodies. Maxi runs 48mm IIRC for ~240bhp.

Mine current bodies are GSX1100R I think and are Mikunis, as were the R1 ITBs I used first.

My point in all of the above is that these bike ITBs, like all ITBs are very simple things and as such they all seem to be pretty simple. Jenveys are very good and well made, but so are bike ITBs and they're a fraction of the cost. Spacing of ITBs is pretty easy too and therefore the secret is in getting the right manifold design, as almost all ITBs, providing they are large enough (read: not too small) will work just fine.

The only other issue is the TPS meaning you may just have to figure out which of the 3 pins is sig/+5v/earth(ref) which is not difficult at all with a multi-metre.

Not the specific answer you were after, but more of an overview which was designed to give you far more options and show you it's actually not critical.

For about £600 you could get a full inlet and body set-up from Colin Satchell. This set up works on mine and everyone elses that has them, producing excellent results when mapped well.

cheers rich thats all i need to know gsx1100r's or r1's.

i enquired about a set of bmw k100 bodies but they were only 40mm in and out and decided they were not big enough, i still havent heard from the bloke about the above ones (hoping they are bigger) failing that i'll search for some of the ones you mentioned are the gsx ones 46mm then?

the set i have are 45mm but due to them being cut and shut i dont think they will be reliable enough to use. b*lls :D

i understand about buying a set fully built but if i was goin to do that i would get jenveys or similar ( i dont for one minute doubt the c&s is a great setup), i think half the fun is doing it yourself even if they dont work in the end, its all a learning curve for me

ebay here i come.

damien

suzuki gsxr 750 42mm throttle bodies, kent pt81 cams, ported head on kms management on my gti6 engine saw 212bhp

56562964.JPG

pugpete1108

^^^

nice i thought i had gsxr 750's but i must have a different year as they were a two twin setup

how about these:

ebay

not sure on size though.

hcmini1989

can i just ask is ever one else using the bike injectors aswell .allso do your injectors sit inside the throttle body or are they in the manifold

pugpete1108

i'm using std 6 injectors with the bike holes plugged off, it is possible to run both sets and i assume just the bike ones on their own but i'm not sure on how well these work?

DrSarty

Bike injectors won't flow enough. Remember they're on a ~1000cc engine.

Unless it's a dedicated track car you'll really need to have the injectors running in a 'standard' position, i.e. firing onto the backs of the valves and not into the bodies. The body injector locations can be used but ideally in staged injector set-ups, which arguably aren't really needed outside of very high performance applications.