• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Lan

Leaky Vacuum Sunroof

Lan

my vacuum sunroof is leaking in two symettrical spots just behind the front seats on the right hand side and the left hand side, does anyone have any idea what i need to do to fix this?

thanks

Lan

phat205

I changes the fibre washers under the round metal caps that the handle fixes too.

Worked for mie

Daz_C
I changes the fibre washers under the round metal caps that the handle fixes too.

Worked for mie

There at the front !

Have you checked if the drain holes are clear ? Might be worth checking the drain pipes are still connected and or in good order.

phat205
There at the front !

Yeah i know!

Depends how the car is parked, mine was reversed onto a drive that sloped to towards the house, hense the water was getting in through the washers and running down the inside on the glass roof and dropping just behind the front seats.

jord294

chances are the actual drain holes have been blocked over time and now rotted

there is a knacky way to repair, or i have a sunroof here if your interested in good order

si_03

hi, sorry to hijack, but how do you check the drain pipes and how do you replace them if there damaged

Edited by si_03