• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jamiej

Headlight Height Mot Failure

jamiej

Heya,

My 205 failed the MOT today, only some small things which shouldnt be too hard to sort but i was wondering if i could have knowledge form you guys about the following failure point.

neraside headlamp aim too high : I know that the housing hook for this light is cracked and borken, so my questionis, can this part be replaced or will i need to use other means and ways to lower the headlight aim. By the housing hook, i mean the mount for the light in the slam panel an NOT part of the light. any opinions suggestions welcome,

many thanks

Jamie

Edited by jamiej

welshpug

yes that part can be replaced, though it doesnt affect the horizontal aim greatly, only the actual position of the lamp on the car.

from memory they were about £7 when I bought one a while ago.

jamiej

hmmm ... thats odd

Why does the light not sit in the right position, can this be adjusted? maybe i will have to bodge it ... cable ties here we come !!

:blush:

welshpug

the bit that adjusts the aim up and down of the headlamp unit is on the outer bit that the indicator bolts into, there is a link that clips onto a ball that's on the end of a threaded rod, you'll see the slot to adjust it from above.

Edited by welshpug