• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Greg205

Goodwood Seats Too Heavy For 205 Mounts?

Greg205

I fitted goodwoods to my 205 about 6 months ago, using 205 runners and adaptor plates, now my seat subframe has become very loose, bouncing me all over the place! Anybody else had similar issues? Peugeot want £154+VAT for a new runner. Would I be better fitting 309 subframes and using them on the 205? (I have no intention at all of getting rid of the goodwoods!!)

CosKev

Pretty sure 309 subframes won't fit in a 205,hence why you had to use conversion plates to fit seats onto 205 base.

Have you checked all bolts are tight????

Greg205

Yeah, all the bolts are tight, as for fitting a 309 subframe, there are unused mounting points on the floor of the 205, if you weld a nut on you can use 309 sub frames on the 205. I was just wondering if the extra weight had knackered the frame or if it was just general wear and tear.

Ryan

The 309 subframes are more or less identical, except for the width, so if the seats were too heavy for one they'd be too heavy for the other as well.

So probably just wear and tear.

pacey205

My goodwood seats are fitted on the 309 rails and if anything theyre more stable than the old 205 ones were but they appeared to be made form exactly the same thickness of plate etc so more than likely its just wear and tear.

Michael

Greg205

well, guess i'd better change the sub frames (and go on a diet!)