• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
driversdomainuk

Mot Failure..?

driversdomainuk

Hi Guys

I am soon to get my 205 back after rolling it at Loton Park. It is road legal, and when I rolled it there was part of the front arch which was sticking out, and when I steered ti caught the near side tyre...

There is now a very thin repeated cut in the tyre - sounds bad but is only like a very thin knife blade has gone around it a few times, to the depth of no more than 2mm..

Will this be an MOT failure...considering the rule below I have found:

"a tyre has a cut the length of which is at least 25 mm or 10% of section width, whichever is greater, deep enough to reach the ply or cords"

It is more than 25mm but no way deep enough to reach ply or cords..

Cheers

Rob

Paul_13

All depends on where you get it MOT'd to be honest and the mood the testers in.

My car did not need an emissions test, but he put it through trying to fail it on some more things

driversdomainuk
All depends on where you get it MOT'd to be honest and the mood the testers in.

My car did not need an emissions test, but he put it through trying to fail it on some more things

well it is at work....I work for a Peugeot dealer, so they wont be arsy, although they will not risk losing their MOT licence...just wanted a neutral view...

Edited by driversdomainuk

jimbean
well it is at work....I work for a Peugeot dealer, so they wont be arsy, although they will not risk losing their MOT licence...just wanted a neutral view...

It can only fail if the cut can be parted to reviel the cords

it sounds like its just a groove cut in to the tread, and more likely to be just a advise

driversdomainuk
It can only fail if the cut can be parted to reviel the cords

it sounds like its just a groove cut in to the tread, and more likely to be just a advise

thats it - you cant even get a 1 penny in it, only an outer-slit .....if thats a word.!!

jimbean
thats it - you cant even get a 1 penny in it, only an outer-slit .....if thats a word.!!

It will be fine

Just remember the mot is the bare minimum needed to be road leagle

Just done all the gumph on a course

When a car is new it is at 100% when a car is serviced the tec will put it back to as close to the 100% as possible so say 85/90 % is a good serviced motor

The mot comes in at 10% of a service... ie absolute bare minimum

VOSA seem to be cracking down on strict testers....

Just take it down i would only advise a fault like you have explained