• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
brolly

106xsi 1.4 Engine In A 205 Natural Asiirated \ Standar Carb

brolly

hello i have a 106 xsi 1.4 engine completed with ecu standard throttle body wiring loom. now i want to transplant it into a 205 that currently has a 1.0 N\a engine.

can some one guide me about what sort of work needs to be done to transplant the engine in my 205 and to make it work with the standard 106 xsi fuel injection ?

i know that there is the need of some sort of wiring . is there something else?

is it possible for someone to tell me how to do the wiring work please ?

decoc182
hello i have a 106 xsi 1.4 engine completed with ecu standard throttle body wiring loom. now i want to transplant it into a 205 that currently has a 1.0 N\a engine.

can some one guide me about what sort of work needs to be done to transplant the engine in my 205 and to make it work with the standard 106 xsi fuel injection ?

i know that there is the need of some sort of wiring . is there something else?

is it possible for someone to tell me how to do the wiring work please ?

Currently doing the same to mine atm. The fitting is pretty straight forward..same mounts etc. Im having problem with the wiring myself so could do with a guide on where to start too.

Sandy

Basically, all the wires you need from the 106 loom go to the round wing plug. You need to create an ignition feed:

32 or 2A on the 205 (from coil plug say) to CC2 on the 106 loom

that will turn it on, the 106 loom takes power from the alternator cable in most cases.

Tacho is 426 usually on the 106 loom, connect to 112 on the 205 loom, but you probably don't have a a Tacho.

Wire 120 from the 106 loom is the fuel pump feed, the relay is built into the 106 loom. That's the positive for the pump, although a fuse is a good idea, the other side of the pump will be earth.

You can keep the 205 sensor starter and alternator wires.

brolly
Basically, all the wires you need from the 106 loom go to the round wing plug. You need to create an ignition feed:

that will turn it on, the 106 loom takes power from the alternator cable in most cases.

Tacho is 426 usually on the 106 loom, connect to 112 on the 205 loom, but you probably don't have a a Tacho.

Wire 120 from the 106 loom is the fuel pump feed, the relay is built into the 106 loom. That's the positive for the pump, although a fuse is a good idea, the other side of the pump will be earth.

does a 205 with a carb engine have fuel pump ?

so i need to install a fuel pump if i don't have one already .

sub205

also keep care of the fuel pump!

monopoint-systems have about 1 bar, multipoint > 3bar.

i dont know what flavour the xsi is, i think multipoint ...

brolly
also keep care of the fuel pump!

monopoint-systems have about 1 bar, multipoint > 3bar.

i dont know what flavour the xsi is, i think multipoint ...

xsi is multi point so i'm assuming a 3 bar pump is required

brolly

any more details ? will a gti dash loom be compatible with the xsi engine loom.

i have a 205 gti loom that was told if i replace it with mine i can use the gti speedo and rev counter. will this loom start the xsi engine ?

sub205
any more details ? will a gti dash loom be compatible with the xsi engine loom.

i have a 205 gti loom that was told if i replace it with mine i can use the gti speedo and rev counter. will this loom start the xsi engine ?

to use the gti revcounter you need to bridge a resistor in the pcb of the revcounter or use the xs-one (jaeger), they will run with 5volt-signals from the ecu.

the valeo one needs to be connected directly to the coil, which is a problem on wasted spark engines.

Sandy

Sorry, I'd assumed it was obvious you'd need to convert to the injection tank! The GTI pump is required.

brolly

can you tell me what needs to be done exactly regarding the ignition feed ? and fitment of the fuel pump ?

can you tell me what needs to be done exactly regarding the ignition feed ? and fitment of the fuel pump ?