• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jtek

Painted Floor People

jtek

For all of you with stripped out cars, what do you use to rest your heels on? I find the paint a bit slippery and it will probably wear badly over time. I have seen the usual chequer plate jobbies but I am not really a fan, I had thought of using something like skateboard grip tape (as the floor is black anyway) but maybe that would be too grippy :) Any recommendations?

EdCherry

Dont get why it matters about the floor to be honest... the less grip on it the better IMO.

base-1

Glue some carpet down, doesn't have to be alot, not shagpile or anything just a carpet tile, or some of one.

tri_longer

I added some treadplate to give me an even surface, though not massively grippy its better than painted floor

J56MVS195.jpg

Tom Fenton

Griptape works OK and is lightweight. If building a stripped car then assumedly it is stripped to make it lighter and hence faster, so why on earth put loads of heavy stuff back in it, as that defeats the object.

marksorrento205
Griptape works OK and is lightweight. If building a stripped car then assumedly it is stripped to make it lighter and hence faster, so why on earth put loads of heavy stuff back in it, as that defeats the object.

Agreed. Or you can get that non slip paint with the grit in it.

jtek

Yeah that's what I thought, no point adding more metal back in really!

Glue some carpet down, doesn't have to be alot, not shagpile or anything just a carpet tile, or some of one.

Shagpile however... :lol:

happygoron
Agreed. Or you can get that non slip paint with the grit in it.

Or just buy some paint and add some sand!

tri_longer

My plate is 1.5mm so hardly the heaviest lump, this was done more for a flat surface and to raise my heels, as I am so short in the leg dept it made my anterior tibialis hurt with the extra angle of my foot.

marksorrento205
Or just buy some paint and add some sand!

Or rob some from work :D:lol:

base-1

Bottom left, you can see the carpet. This has little ali brackets holding it in place rather than glue, so it can be pulled out for cleaning without much fuss because it's a rally car.

107_0788-1.jpg

Liquid_106
107_0788-1.jpg

How does you co-driver know where your going - pretty impressive to read pace notes based on 'feeling' the corners :blink:

Was gonna say paint + sand, but has already been said.

Edited by Liquid_106

jtek

Just won some skateboard tape on ebay for 3 quid, will see how that works, if not the carpet idea is pretty smart.

base-1

Worth a punt, they're probably much of a muchness really, just with carpet you can dry/clean your feet a bit if your shoes are slippery

How does you co-driver know where your going - pretty impressive to read pace notes based on 'feeling' the corners :blink:

nice! I've heard she's a s*it co-driver, doesn't say much, just makes a bit of random noise now and again :lol: