• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest tidypug

Gti 6 Brakes On A 1.6 Gti

Guest tidypug

Hi all

I have a 1.6 205 gti. The brakes are standard at the mo, so i've been wondering about upgrading my brakes. Is a 150 quid a good price for calipers, discs and pads off a 306 gti-6. Do they bolt straight onto a 1.6 gti or do i need to change the hubs?

many thanks

tidypug ;)

Guest tidypug

Oh i forgot to say in the above string. Would i need to change the master cylinder as well?

cheers

tidypug ;)

Ahl

They certainly bolt onto the 1.9 hubs, but im not sure about the 1.6.

Keep in mind that you'll need at least 15" wheels to fit over them too.

The pistons push more fluid, so you'll be left with longer brake pedal travel without the larger MC. Not terrible or anything, but the MC is worth it, or so im told.

les3002

you will need 1.9 hubs as they dont fit the 1,6 items will also need a 23.8 mm m/c not sure which one depends whether you have 3 or 4 outlets on your current 1 if you need some 1.9 hubs i have a pair for sale pm me

thanks les

Alan_M

Am i right in saying that if you fit 1.9 hubs to a 1.6 then the driveshafts have to be from a 1.9 to?

Guest pugi205
Am i right in saying that if you fit 1.9 hubs to a 1.6 then the driveshafts have to be from a 1.9 to?

Yes.

-marko-

Guest tidypug

If i need the 1.9 hubs, will i also need the drive shafts off a 1.9 as well?

tidypug ;)

hiflow

Nearly finished a brake kit thats allows gti-6 brakes to be bolted onto 1.6 hubs, But you will need 1.9 Calipers & as the guys are saying 15" wheels.

Guest tidypug

i'm running 15's. If your doing a conversion for the 1.6 why would you need the 1.9 calipers? I thought they were the same as the 1.6.

tidypug

pug_ham

1.6 & 1.9 calipers are different designs, the 1.9's have a larger pad contact area AFAIK.

To fit 1.9 GTi hubs you would need to fit 1.9 GTi driveshafts as well.

I want to find a big brake kit that will stuill fit under the 1.6GTi alloys and straight onto the 1.6 GTi hubs.

I think the 266mm conversionmentioned in another topic will be my best option.

Graham.;)

Alan_M

Rally Design do one for the 1.6GTi.

They normally advertise in the front of CCC mag.

Guest alileg69

just let you know that rally design no longer sell the Big Disk kits. they told me that they were having problems with some of the kits not fitting properly, so they stopped selling them!!

ali

Sign in to follow this