• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dave_McC

Best Place For 309 Wishbones

Dave_McC

Following Kate's thread, I need a new driver's side 309 GTI wishbone as the balljoint is knackered on mine. Where's the best place to get this - Motaquip seem to be showing as £175 odd on their website :blush:.

Cheers

Dave

engine killer
Following Kate's thread, I need a new driver's side 309 GTI wishbone as the balljoint is knackered on mine. Where's the best place to get this - Motaquip seem to be showing as £175 odd on their website :blush:.

Cheers

Dave

Did you try GSF, it seems a lot cheaper last time I checked.

GLPoomobile

Motaquip stopped making 309 'bones ages ago, so you'll only get Motaquip ones if you can find a motorfactor with some old stock. I'm guessing the place that is advertising that price is an online Motaquip dealer, whose site was linked in Kate's thread IIRC. If it's that one, I found them to be more expensive than the various motor factors I tried for parts.

At the last consensus www.buypartsby.com was found to be cheapest for wishbones. Can't comment on the quality as not bought any, but expect the bushes to be next to useless, so get the genuine pug bush kit for circa £20 and swap the bushes once the originals in the buypartsby ones fail.

chrisj21

Latest price from buypartsbuy is £32.36 exc vat each.

This is the cheapest place i can find also.

SurGie

Does Motaquip have their name on the wish bones or is there other marks so i know they are the right ones ?

Also what are peoples experience with having fitted poly bush's in them ?

Cheers