• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kate205gti

Best Place For 205 Wishbones?

kate205gti

in my experience GSF wishbones munch the balljoints go rather quickly, on AllParts bones the bushes go, Peugeot ones seem to be good but are fapping expensive :P

are there any reasonably priced pattern wishbones that dont eat balljoints and bushes please?? :unsure::)

welshpug

buy the ones that the balljoints last and fit pug bushes :unsure:

hexhamstu

£17 for a set of pug bushes.

dino20vt

Appentley PSA own Motaquip so theirs maybe OE, at £46 inc. vat i'll be trying them next time I need some wishbones.

kate205gti

ooh thankyou :lol: has anyone tried these yet? <_<

tagy

I have not had a problem with buypartsby.com wishbones, although I did swap bushes for Peugeot ones just in case.

EdCherry

I got myself a set of motaquip jobbies waiting to go on, bit expensive compared to the rest and im just leaving the bushes in there for the moment... can always stick some pug oe ones in at a later date.

GLPoomobile

Just thought I'd repeat the following info, as 309 'bones are bound to be mentioned at some point by some poor soul who doesn't spend as much time on here and/or hasn't done a full search :blush: ...

Motaquip stopped making 309 'bones a long time ago, so you'll only find their 309 'bones if you can find a Motaquip dealer with some old stock (In which case you might get a nice bargain)

When I checked about a year ago, they were still making 205 'bones.

The prices I was quoted by various Motaquip dealers (local motor factors) for wishbones was less than those shown on the Motaparts website. So I'd draw the conclusion that they aren't the cheapest place to shop for parts, unless you have no option.

If you need to find your local Motaquip dealer, or just want to enquire if 205 'bones are still in production, go to the Motaquip website and search out their sales telephone number, and call them up. I found them to be very pleasant to deal with, answered quickly, willing to help, just generally a very easy phone call to make.

When previously discussed (and their have been many topics discussing this at length), the general consensus at the time was that www.buypartsby.com was the cheapest place for wishbones, but expect the usual problem of bushes failing early.

kate205gti

ahh thanks glpoo :blush: youve just saved me a bit of time! cheers :lol:

MerlinGTI

I have the motaparts ones (motorquip) and they had the same 'kleber' (?) bushes in them as the old wishbones. From what I can gather they are the same design ones as in the genuine pug bones.

The wishbones I took out were as old as the hills, they gave me 2 years usuage (they were obviously older than that tho, on the car when I bought it). Im also told Motorquip now supply peugeot for stuff pug themselves has discontinued, but I dont know how true this is.

welshpug

I just fitted bushes my mate had in his stock pile, came from Neat Autos in West Drayton and were Kleber as above, he can't remember how much he paid, the fact they came without bolts weren't an issue as he works for a fasteners company :P

He also had some bushes that came out of some unbranded 205 wishbones that came from Neat again, they looked the same i.e with the additional metal ring as per o.e bushes, only removed to be replaced by Poly bushes for a fellow MSC club member's Euro Rallye Rally car, came out a doddle!