• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mattbenselin

Slight Tangent Of '205s Spotted On Tv/films' Thread,

mattbenselin

I was watching Top Gear the other day, good old Dave repeats, and the amphibious car challenge was on (the 2nd one - crossing the channel)

The camera pans around and you see Richards narrowboat/camper...thing, and out the back there is a steering wheel for the rudder control, this is where is gets interesting...

...the steering wheel is ph2 205 GTI item, good choice!

Sorry if this has been covered before. Matt

MerlinGTI

I spied that, and cant help but tell my gf every time we see it on Dave.

Shes going to leave me isnt she...

:unsure::P

mattbenselin

I said the same, I actually rewound it to show her!

Thinking now I am as sad as she said I was!

GeorgeXS

Glad to know i'm not the only one sad enough to notice this :unsure:

Edited by GeorgeXS

DrSarty
Glad to know i'm not the only one sad enough to notice this :P

I always smile when I see the red one (several times) throughout the mini chase in Bourne Identity. :unsure:

Oooh ooh and the white one (IIRC) at the very end of The Saint.

There could be one in the big car chase in Leon too.

(These are all background 205s or parts from, rather than the star of the scene)

Atari Boy

There is a (red I think) 205 a couple of times in Ronin too.

DrSarty
There is a (red I think) 205 a couple of times in Ronin too.

:wub:

Yeah sorry: I meant Ronin but wrote Leon. No car chases in Leon!! (Spastic). Same actor though. :lol:

The Arch Bishop
I said the same, I actually rewound it to show her!

Thinking now I am as sad as she said I was!

Same here... As you can imagine, the missus was thrilled by my spotting prowess...

Para

In the movie, The Order with Van Damme there is a nice car chase with Red 205 GTI

Richie
Thought I'd revive this as I've just seen a trailer for Matt Damon's latest 'Green Zone' and was sure I spotted a 205 (albeit a 5dr).

greenzone.jpg

http://www.break.com/usercontent/2009/10/g...er-1469932.html

I knew it! Was just looking through youtube and i could only find a trailer with a mk3 golf, thought i'd got it wrong as it only flashes by for a second.

Was in bed with the girlfriend watching tv, trailer comes on followed by me saying "was that a 205?", to which she replied "what are you talking about?" "nevermind".

!

Rupertfinch

I bought the french film 'Subway' purely for the first scene when a silver/gold? gti is pursued through Paris. Watched the scene and then turned it off! Anyone know if it's any good?

Junosix

It's a cool film! Directed by the same bloke that did Leon and The Fifth Element.

Arahan
I knew it! Was just looking through youtube and i could only find a trailer with a mk3 golf, thought i'd got it wrong as it only flashes by for a second.

Was in bed with the girlfriend watching tv, trailer comes on followed by me saying "was that a 205?", to which she replied "what are you talking about?" "nevermind".

!

I watched it lastnight and it is, a 5dr white 205! Gets hammered around alot too! :lol:

I also spotted one when i was watching tv on my dinner break at work, think it was A Touch Of Frost, had David Jason in it as a detective anyway! There was a red burnt out GTi in some woods!

scottish_lion

Bugs (TV) Season 1 Episode 1, Roz drives a mint (nearly new at the time) red 1.6 Woop woop!

shalmaneser

Been meaning to share these with someone that actually cares....

three seconds into the new 'webuyanycar.com' advert, what should pop up but a graphite 205 1.9 gti!

linky:

still a kick in the balls they offered me £50 for mine though!

screwloose

A 205gti features on the Webuyanycar.com advert. Its on the screen to the right (i think) behind the most annoying man in the world.

shalmaneser
A 205gti features on the Webuyanycar.com advert. Its on the screen to the right (i think) behind the most annoying man in the world.

snap.

Jer309GTi
Bugs (TV) Season 1 Episode 1, Roz drives a mint (nearly new at the time) red 1.6 Woop woop!

Bugs, thats a blast from the past! I used to like that

Kenno

Saw this thread the other day and had to dig out my dvd of Love honour & obay, one of my fave films with Ray Winstone, its a very sad 1.6 but looks like many parts are still there! I never owned a 205 then but always liked them and now I have 3 lol

14032010974.jpg

jonnygoodhand

Possible 205 Rallye on last night's River Cottage.

possible_rallye.jpg

Though likely to be a 'style', based on the missing black trim from the door...

pp205

There used to be a BBC drama called the lakes, there was a scene with a red gti being driven through country lanes, this was quite a few years ago now I think.

Ant

Didnt Natashas pug end up in the background of a film once ? Was it Ali G or something like that ?

Oh and during the first 2 mins of an episode of "a touch of frost" some joy riders stole and ragged a Cherry Red GTi..

Edited by Ant