• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
foreigner

Tyres

kilauea
Why has no one suggested a search, there's a massive thread on tyre recommendations as the question regularly arises!

If you continually rely on previous posts for info, the info gets old and dead.

Were 912's around when it was last discussed? Have peoples opinions changed now they've tried different tyres?

Tread patterns and materials change on some tyres over time.

As long as it's not discussed every week I don't see any harm on getting the latest opinions myself.

Richie

I like the toyo t1r, great in the dry, but found them to wear quick, and wern't awesome in the wet but was ok. The eagle f1's seemed to last longer, and were a bit better in the wet but i didn't like them that much. Preffered the toyos.

fast_eddie

Ok after my above psot about 048's I have looked at prices :blush:

There is no way I can afford £105 per corner for tyres so I guess its back to Toyos..

I have found these from EARS Motorsport which I did not even know were still around but hey the price seems very good.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/195-45-15-TOYO-T1R-7...93%3A1|294%3A30

EARS are even cheaper than camskills which come in at 168 for 4 with postage on top

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m4b103s92p1670

cheers

welshpug

eddie, if you go for a more sensible 14" the AO48's are about £25 cheaper per tyre!

try george polley for Yoko's :blush:

there's a fair difference between the yoko and toyo tyres, hence the different price, the yoko's are full race tyres, the toyo's are road carcass with some sticky rubber....

Edited by welshpug

Paul_13

Were 912's around when it was last discussed? Have peoples opinions changed now they've tried different tyres?

Tread patterns and materials change on some tyres over time.

As long as it's not discussed every week I don't see any harm on getting the latest opinions myself.

^Agreed!

Alan_M

I would say F1's for road abuse all the way, but I've recently fitted Falken 452s to my BMW (to replace the dreaded and very expensive RFTs) and am really impressed by them. If they did them in 15" I'd certainly be tempted to give them a go.

lemmingzappa

I'm gonna give Falken 912's a go in a couple of months. I'll let you know how I get on.

dandelph
I'm gonna give Falken 912's a go in a couple of months. I'll let you know how I get on.

I have got the 912's on my 1.6 so there 14'' as a budget tyre £28 a corner (been on for bout 3k).

They are brilliant for everyday use with rain etc did have toyos which were slightly better in the dry but not as good as the falkens in the wet an less round noise, thumbs up for the 912's :)

bales

I have Bridgestone Potenza's REO40's on my CTR and they are the best tyres I have ever had, the dry grip is phenominal on them. The only problem is that they are pretty expensive, £120 a corner for the Civics size (205/45) so not sure what the price is on 195/50.

They are worth every penny though.

fast_eddie

Good advice guys.

I have to stick with 15's unfortunately as I have some chunky 4 pots from the stone age hiding under the wheels and cant afford to change them at the mo,

Baz

Yes and no.

And why not just add to it, making one big thread of reference for future use, maybe even making it a sticky.

SurGie

I agree, there does need to be more stickys with regards to this topic and many others as well.