• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hcmini1989

Soldering Megasquirt Pcb

hcmini1989

just a quick question. has anyone built there megasquirt ecu from scratch. only reason i ask is that ive found the megasquirt ecu as a build yourself kit for £200 or i could buy a ready built one for £500 .so if anybodys built one how hard is it and how long does it take

hcmini1989
just a quick question. has anyone built there megasquirt ecu from scratch. only reason i ask is that ive found the megasquirt ecu as a build yourself kit for £200 or i could buy a ready built one for £500 .so if anybodys built one how hard is it and how long does it take

never mind hve just found them a hell of alot cheaper and there complete

Rob Turbo

I got mine for around £160 last year from USA, with the "extra" board, 4 bar map sensor and shipping! Doesn't take too long to build if you're handy with a soldering iron.

I'd rather build it myself even if it was no extra to buy one pre built, I've built 2 now, never really finished the first one because I was still undecided with what options I wanted etc. and sold it with the rest of the car in bits, the second one has been in the one car but I've had it on 2 different engines, if you DIY then you know where you are with it and you can do everything the way you want it.

hcmini1989
I got mine for around £160 last year from USA, with the "extra" board, 4 bar map sensor and shipping! Doesn't take too long to build if you're handy with a soldering iron.

I'd rather build it myself even if it was no extra to buy one pre built, I've built 2 now, never really finished the first one because I was still undecided with what options I wanted etc. and sold it with the rest of the car in bits, the second one has been in the one car but I've had it on 2 different engines, if you DIY then you know where you are with it and you can do everything the way you want it.

yeah i think im gona end up making my own up one more thing could i use megasuirt one or does it have to be two

Rob Turbo

I've just got ms1, I'm planning on having a go at ms2 for my latest project, but have no problems with what I've got.

hcmini1989
I've just got ms1, I'm planning on having a go at ms2 for my latest project, but have no problems with what I've got.

cheers mate

wracing

unless you have a massive cam or want to use the more advanced idle control valves the is no need to run ms2 in my opinion most of the can bus side of things is unimplemented. ms1 with a v3 board is the best way to go