• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Lan

Removing Sticky Xs Badge And Pinstripes

Lan

does anyone know a good and easy way to remove the xs badges and pinstripes from my car, as there faded and look gash lol

thanks

Lan

j_turnell

Hair dryer usually does the job, melts the glue, then a cloth and some white spirit to get the residue off.

jonnygoodhand

I had some of the 'sticky' left on my 205 from an old set of decals and nothing would move it. Until last week, when I bought some 'indsutrial degreaser' from Aldi. Worked a treat!

DaveW

Yeah i dunno what they stuck the rallye decals on with as nothing bar petrol would get the 'sticky residue' off!

Gtiracer

When I did this on my old XS i used a kind of rubbery/foam sort of disc that attached to a drill and then you rub it against the sticky residue, got rid of it perfect and didn't harm the paintwork at all, drill does eat up the discs fairly quickly though

ALEX

I used the kettle on mine!

I ended up buying the GTi replica trim for it.

If you're thinking about fitting a secondhand Gti trim, the rear archers are different so it wont look right.

The replica kits were available from peugeot and just stuck on, there must be still some around, I paid £150 IIRC, years ago.

They did the kit for the 5 door too AFAIR