• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
burr_2000

Best Exhaust Setup For 1360?

burr_2000

ignore the manifold, what exhaust system is best suited for the 1360cc cars (forget about cat models). i have read that the standard system is already good and some people put on stupid back boxes and end up loosing power. I heard that the OMP Group n exhaust is also very good.

miamichris

If you look at Jackman's rallye thread on here he has a vid of his car with an omp group n on it and it sounds really nice! :lol:

Edited by miamichris

burr_2000

It does but do you still get them?

miamichris

I've searched ebay for them a few times but never found them. Not sure where you would get them tbh..I think I remember reading that Batfink on here supplies/sells omp stuff, maybe someone like that could get a hold of one?

burr_2000

i have had a really good look and cant find any. so unfortunately the answer looks like there is no performace exhausts for 1360 205s. the only thing left to do is get powerflow to make one or just use standard exhaust and maybe use a perfomance back box made for a pug xsi or rallye. :rolleyes:

snillet
i have had a really good look and cant find any. so unfortunately the answer looks like there is no performace exhausts for 1360 205s. the only thing left to do is get powerflow to make one or just use standard exhaust and maybe use a perfomance back box made for a pug xsi or rallye. :rolleyes:

I "think" that you´re not far out at all with a good box for a 106 really, the difference in size and meashure is not large.

Although it WAS a few years ago i dealt with 205:s, but i recall the construction of the backbox being almost identlical, if anything the 106 item is soemwhat smaller.

But for that model the range is quite good, and the supersprint backbox seems like a very good choice.

arnold naber

in the netherlands OMP exhausts aren't imported anymore ( they say the dont make them anymore)

a friend of mine in france say he still can order them

burr_2000

Arnold Where is it your friend orders them from or can he get hold of one and i could buy it from him :) ?

burr_2000

After much debating and searching I have found a company that supplies competition exhausts for the 1360cc pug 205 and dont cost a fortune. try http://www.tuning.co.uk/

and speak to stuart a very helpfull guy. They are made by sportex exhausts but not like the normal ones you see these are proper competion ones (not like the ones chavs use) , no chrome, just a 2" black tip. He supplies them to the endurance boys in there 205 xs's. £90 delivered for the back box but also sells the complete system so if you are more into the looks of the car i would say they are not for you.

I have a rolling road next week so will let you know how they perform.

this is a link to a similar system for a nova

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=270425827147

Batfink

OMP have discontinued all their exhaust range.

jonnygoodhand
He supplies them to the endurance boys in there 205 xs's. £90 delivered for the back box but also sells the complete system so if you are more into the looks of the car i would say they are not for you.

Any News on this yet? Thinking I may pay them a visit this week and buy one myself...

burr_2000

I have the exhaust fitted and there was no problem, just took a long time to arrive, i think they have performance manifolds to. i am away to dastek this saturday and also taking another back box with me incase its not good, will keep ya informed.

jonnygoodhand
I have the exhaust fitted and there was no problem, just took a long time to arrive, i think they have performance manifolds to. i am away to dastek this saturday and also taking another back box with me incase its not good, will keep ya informed.

How did you get on mate?

burr_2000

My car is still there, having problems with the electrics, they cant map it because to much noise interference. :o

Lan

so is it just a straight through centre and the backbox?

burr_2000
so is it just a straight through centre and the backbox?

Well i have a raceland 4-2-1 manifold, straight through centre section with a back box.

Jackman

OMP were pure ballache to get my Exhaust off of anyway!

I waited for almost 3 months after paying for it to arrive in the country!

burr_2000

My car came back from Dastek at Dalgety Bay and its running a lot better, its not the most powerful 1.4 pug out there but it keeps me within touching distance of the guys in my class.

107 bhp @7450 - fly

85ftlb @5019 - Torque

88.6 bhp @7450 - wheels

swordfish210
After much debating and searching I have found a company that supplies competition exhausts for the 1360cc pug 205 and dont cost a fortune. try http://www.tuning.co.uk/

and speak to stuart a very helpfull guy. They are made by sportex exhausts but not like the normal ones you see these are proper competion ones (not like the ones chavs use) , no chrome, just a 2" black tip. He supplies them to the endurance boys in there 205 xs's. £90 delivered for the back box but also sells the complete system so if you are more into the looks of the car i would say they are not for you.

this is a link to a similar system for a nova

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=270425827147

Just to bring this thread back up again. I called the number from the link you provided and sopke to Stuart. He was a pretty nice guy and we had a chat about 205's for a bit. I ordered the rear box and the center section which came to £119 +£12 for delivery (not much more than a standard system) and he said it would be with me later this week :lol:

burr_2000

glad to hear it bud. i was unsure about the centre section, whats the internal diameter difference between 1360 standard and theres?

swordfish210

I think theirs is about 1 inch larger. I'll measure it when it arrives though.

Craig89
I think theirs is about 1 inch larger. I'll measure it when it arrives though.

Let us know how you get on mate,very intrested to find out what these are like. Seems a good price too. Thanks Craig

burr_2000

interesting if it is a inch larger, i would inclined to be put off by that increase but will see how ya get on. my back box seemed to of mated pretty well with standard system. i just got back box cause boy i bought car from fitted a 4" thing :) .

i think i can remember reading something on one of the pug forums ages ago about 205 1360 exhausts. the peugeot (non cat) system (not including manifold) is good as standard for flow and back back pressure.

But like what i was told stuart seems to supply these to 205 challenge boys so if they aint complaining cant be a bad thing B)

RossD

I've used a standard pug exhuast on mine, albeit one for the Euro rallye (centre section) and a GTi backbox. The system is quite a lot larger than the bog standard TU setup and best of all it's a lot cheaper than an aftermarket system! :ph34r:

You need to change the way the centre section mates with the downpipe by using the springs to join the pipes together that the TU24 Rallye uses, but it's fine other than that. If it's enough for ~140bhp on my engine it'll be fine for the 85bhp on a standard XS!

Edited by RossD