• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
reno9

1,9 Gti Brake Balance Problem

reno9

Hy. I have 205 1,9 gti with standard brakes, I have changed master cilinder - its standard 20,?? mm and front pads to Ferodo premium, But if I hit brakes then rear ones are going to block before front ones? I went to trackday and it was quite bad to brake, in one corner I always went to sideways when car was not stright when I hit brakes.

What can be problem - can it be those regulator valves? ore just fron calipers(I changed rubbers from there) I am going to try another set of original front calipers with new gaskets inside. I just think that if regulator valves are dead then rear brakes must be bad? Maybe new front discs?

Rein from Estonia

jimistdt

Hello Rein.

I should think you've got a problem with the compensators on the rear brakes. These can become ineffective when they are a few years old.

You can buy them from Peugeot.

reno9

But I think that if that regulator thing is gone then rear brakes must be bad but mine is too good?

Rein

jimistdt

No, it seems your brakes are working a little too well. The compensator will reduce the braking effort at the rear not increase it.

The majority of the braking forces are applies to the front wheels.

I'll still say the compensator is at fault Rein.

Regards

reno9

Does anybody knows that valve OE number?

Rein

jimistdt
Does anybody knows that valve OE number?

Rein

Hello mate, me again - I think the part number for the 1.9 compensator without ABS is 4861.49, but please can someone verify this before Rein goes shelling out.

Jimi

DamirGTI
You can buy them from Peugeot.

They're available in ordinary car part stores as well :rolleyes: at say 20/30% less price compared to Peugeot .. if i remember they where around 40.00/45.00 quid (Bendix brand)

Damir :lol:

reno9

Ok, thanks a lot, I just ordered a set of those Bosch ones for abot 58 pounds- its great discount because I work in car parts shop.

I let you know about differece when I change those.

Rein from Estonia

reno9

Hey,

for now I have changed those regulators and full set of new copper pipes - brakes works OK but one problem is still - there's no pedal feeling when I push pedal its quite hard. Balance is now ok and no powerslides anymore after corner braking:)

But how to get better feel brake pedal??

Rein