• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
porter_bmx

Omex Rev Limiter/ Launch Control With Carbs?

porter_bmx

hi, can i run launch control on my carb'd mi16. i need a limiter anyway since it doesnt have one now and thought i'd get the launch control one. will it flood the carbs?

cheers

markw

It will be fine i had the same system on my tuned 8v with webers works brilliantly,the only thing is that when you do let go of the launch button

ti spins the wheels up anyway,but it sounds fookin amazing

porter_bmx

thats it then, consider one bought :( what was fitting like??

Edited by porter_bmx

MrG

they're easy, I have one on mine (without LC connected though) and if I can fit it then anyone can!

porter_bmx

just got one order'd will let you kno whow i get on with fitting it :unsure:

skinner2k3

Hmmmm I have that very system on mine (on carbs), but also have not connected the push button....sorry "launch control" ;) I was a bit sceptical but if it sounds cool and allows me to have a lilttle lable saying launch control then I might just have to try it.

welshpug

sounds like a perfect recipe for flames :lol:

Surely you'd be better off saving the pennies and learning to feel the limit of grip and ease off the gas?

Tom Fenton

Not putting anyone down, but surely this so called launch control really is just a gimmick? How can it possibly do anything that effective?

My DTA ecu has launch control capability, I haven't bothered wiring it up yet, but when I do it uses a sensor on a trigger wheel on an undriven wheel to compare the difference between the revs going up and the undriven wheel speeding up. As I've used Xsara VTS trailing arms complete with the ABS ring on the hub it should be reasonably easy to implement when I get around to it.

skinner2k3

No its proper launch control....it says so on the box :lol:

I agree its a bit of a gimmick but if its there anyway and makes a cool noise I will spend 5 minutes wiring up a push button to hear it.

phat205

I beleive there are basically a temporary lower rev limiter. might be wrong

skinner2k3

Yep, the default on the Omex brings in a 5000rpm "launch" limit. Of course you can adjust that to whatever you want.

I was thinking of setting it to 4500 rpm for the sound check, but the resulting noise from the exhaust would probably fail.

porter_bmx

where have you put the button?? im trying to find a decent place to put it

skinner2k3

I have an aftermarket steering wheel so plenty of space to mount the button.

StuF215

I had 'launch control' fitted onto a omex rev limiter I had, I messed around with different rpm's for the secondary limiter. Runnin Mi on carbs.

It worked well I thought, and improved standing starts. Very handy and a cheap way of getting traction from a standing start.

I had the button through the top of the gear nob.

pugsport david

anyone no how to wire the coil of this system on a 1.4 xs tu 205?

cazzy93

sure i read somewhere that a launch controol button works best when you have had your car on a rolling road a know where the max torque is, then set the launch revs to this meaning you have max grip/torque when leaving the line.

May be completly wrong tho.