• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
swordfish210

My New Dash

swordfish210

Just finished my new dash today :D . I mentioned to a friend of mine some time back, that it would be good if i could have all of my aftermarket gauges located in the standard dash cluster. He said it would be a good idea and that it should be fairly easy but a few months back my standard rev counter packed up so i bought a new racetech one a couple of weeks back and last week we set about on modifying the clocks to accept all of the aftermarket gauges. Anyway we finished it today and it looks pretty good do i thought i'd share it with you:

DSC001492.jpg

It all works and the lighting for all of the guages work on the lightswitch which is pretty good. The rev counter also has a max revs recall so i can see at what RPM the engine will blow up ;)

EdCherry

Looks nice better than just hanging off the dash board ;) Who did this wiring, I need wiring done :D

swordfish210
Who did this wiring, I need wiring done :D

He...or she, wont let me say, for that exact reason ;) .

EdCherry

damn, on day I will learn to do some wiring... or atleast fix that 205. How much did the rev counter cost you?

swordfish210

About £60 i think

Ludi

It looks nice.

I like the rev counter.Without red zone. ;):D

swordfish210
It looks nice.

I like the rev counter.Without red zone. :D<_<

Probably a bad thing though ;)

Spiky

looks good dude <_<

ED, a dash is simple to wiring up, so dont worry, have a go ya seld :wacko:

i'd like a nice reliable rev counter too :angry:

swordfish210
i'd like a nice reliable rev counter too :wacko:

The last time the car was on the dyno the guy doing it said that the stock rev counter was out by about 300rpm when it went over 3000rpm, wouldnt surprise me if a lot of them were like this. Plus it used to wander when hanging around 4000. I took it for a drive tonight and judging by the sound it was making i'd say that when i was at Llandow i was changing up at 6000 which it pretty annoying as i would have had another 1000rpm of good useable power before shifting <_< .

Spiky

DOH,

i got the rev counter work on my DTA, but i also have the benift of a shift light from the dta so i know when i have hit a genuine 7200 :wacko:

but i reall would like a new rev counter

will make my own custum display soon, once i find a suitable odometer <_<

EdCherry
looks good dude <_<

ED, a dash is simple to wiring up, so dont worry, have a go ya seld :wacko:

i'd like a nice reliable rev counter too :angry:

Its not the dash im worried about at the minute, its everything else LOL! mainly why the bloody fuel pump is only getting 3volts and isnt even turning on.

Mark did you get it from the interweb or from merlins? very interested in one as it would go nicely on what I have planned.

Spiky

have you tried a different relay?

have you checked the volts out of the relay? to eliminate the wiring?

willmounsey

The dash looks cool mate nice one, the new dials sit in there quite nicely too :D

lol im not the greatest at the old electrical side of things either it would kind of go like this ' right i've to snip this wire...... oh sh*t wrong wire!!' :rolleyes:

swordfish210

Wasnt too bad to wire in really. Took most of the wiring required for the rev counter from the old rev counter loom, took a 12v live from the stereo wiring, and the feed for the lamps came from the dimmer switch.

willmounsey

I took the dash and all out my first 205 and im glad i dont have to put it back together the amount of wires is crazy! (first dash i've ever taken out)

It's not my strong point i have to admit i normally get the bro he's an aeronautical engineer (think thats the right spelling) so its all childs play to him which is lucky for me :D

Will