• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
speedy indy

1.9 Engine Not Idling

speedy indy

I have replaced the head gasket on my 205 1.9 ...

Problem i am having now is the car starts OK... but engine runs at about 2500rpm for about 10 seconds and then slowly decreases and switches off .....

Anyone know what the problem could be ?

MrG

An air leak of sorts? Have you been round checking all the connections to all the hoses etc, and putting the bolt back in that secures the oil filler unit to the inlet? Other than that I have nothing else to give!

speedy indy

Have checked and double checked all hoses..... I'll check that bolt once i get home tonight ...thanks

speedy indy

Thanks .... found the problem :wacko:

Checked all pipes again (for the 10th time) ....replaced all the clips holding the pipes...

Turns out the braided pipe from the top of the manifold to the brake servo had split ... you cant tell from the outside though which is why i didnt spot it before :angry: the braiding is fine but the rubber underneath had split <_<

Cheers :ph34r:

Went for the first drive in about 4 months ;) (took me ages to do the head gasket as it was the first time i had done one )

Sign in to follow this