• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest dimma cakey

306 Rear Beam On 205

Guest dimma cakey

ive done a search but i cant seem to find any info on it,

so my questions are,

are the mounting point the same?

will there be any clearence issues?

and is there an advantge over 205 1.9/309 gti beams??

welshpug

no.

yes.

No.

:o

Baz

No, Yes, and maybe.

Search again, it is covered, and there's also a member's 309 project thread where he's done loads of modifications to the shell to fit a 306 beam. I'll hazard a guess and say it's more hassle than it's worth when you consider the only benefit is wider track, that'll make the handling questionnable, and bigger bars are readily available anyway.

Guest dimma cakey

thanks jimistdt, i never seem to b able to find anythign when i search lol,

it was just a thoguh really as my beam has seized and i got offered a beam off a 306 xsi for 20 quid

thanks for the help

jimistdt

I will have a tube available soon, obviously i don't really know what condition it is in inside at the moment, but when I swap mine over I'll post some pics and you can have first refusal if you want?

Cloverleaf

Wonder who that could be Baz :o

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=101486

On a 205 you'll need a lot of arch rolling (scroll to the last page of te above thread to see it on it's wheels) plus the shell mods mentioned above and some custom mounts (or new mounting holes).

I did it because the beams are more widely available and cheaper than 309 gti beams, I essentially got a 24mm arb for free and fancied doing something different.

I'm confident it will handle nicely :) but I have also added 20mm spacers to the front and a roll cage. I can always go back the way I've done it anyway.... :lol:

Joe