• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Robbie G

Single Wiper Conversion

Robbie G

Can u s/w/c guys tell me the total length of your chopped linkage please? I followed the dutch website guidelines but it jams and goes beyond the swept area. Why is this happening? I cut exactly 1.75cm off as per the website. How much have you removed?

Id like specifics please because I want the area swept to be maximum but with reliability.

Mad Professor

Like i said in the other post i tock 16mm (1.6cm) out of mine, and the linkage rubs ever so little.

So i would say take out no more then 15mm (1.5cm).

When i can see what i am typing and doing, I will be posting my how to (info) on my web site.

http://www.mad-professor.co.uk

Robbie G

Ok thanks mad prof, hope ur eyes get better soon man that sucks.

What's the coverage like with the 1.6cm out? I want mine to go from rubber to rubber practically, which is why Ive been verging on the short side. I took 1.75 out of my last effort, and the coverage is almost perfect. I think im gonna go for 1.65 this time. When you say it rubs, what do you mean? Does it get caught and stutter, or can you hear it making rubbing noises?

Thanks for the help, cant afford to have too many more attempts at this otherwise I might as well have bought the proper kit!

Mad Professor

I am not very good at explaning things, but here go's.

Right the part that you are modding, not sure what it is called. but with mine one the bar that go's from the Motor to the bit that you are modding, catches / rubs on the caseing of the bit that is being moded.

Hope that makes any sence to you?

Guest Ben xs

He means it touches the plastic cover on the wiper pivot.

Mine did this, but only very lightly, after a fiddle it was fine.. ;)

Robbie G

Today I finshed this and for various reasons it turned out to be a bastard of a job.

What were peugeot thinking when they designed the front wiper motor mounting bracket for themain bolt to screw into! Argh i totally shagged mine cause it must have been stripped, so it took ages to remove it then I had to go to a scrappy to get a new nut, then I got back and found out my wiper motor had burnt out cause the linkage had got stuck and it couldnt return to its initial position. Back to the scrappy for another one.

I had the welder take out 1.6cm this time, and that seems perfect. It's now working really well and I have the Citroen BX wiper with Bosch 205 spoiler arm, and the spray bar plumbing from a BX too. The motor seems a little slower than the other one though so this time Im going to buy a new one.

So, 1.6cm!!! ;)

Mad Professor

Glad you now got it sorted.

Did me info help?

Guest Island-pug

I did mine this morning.i took out 1.5 cm and it seems to work very very well.The only problem I have is that is seems to rest really high on the windscreen,but what the heck.I did it myself and it feels good. ;)

Robbie G

Yeah, mine rests high on the windscreen especially when the thing is dry. Not too high, just a little higher than I would perhaps have liked.

Mad Professor

Mines in the middle. lol.

So i not have that problem.

Robbie G

Mad prof, just re-read your post - yes your info helped! Thanks a lot. Everyone else too. Im gonna buy a new motor for the front when I can afford it, Im sure this will sort out the fact that it stops in a different position depending on whether my screen is wet or not.

Sign in to follow this