• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Alan_M

Sunroof Removal

Alan_M

I'm about to remove my sunroof for plating and am trying to understand clearly what I need to remove. Remove the torx bolts from outside allwoing glass and runner removal, but what about the black frame on the inside, with all the rivnuts on. Does this come off too?

Hang on a minute, am I right in thinking this frame will come off when I undo all the torx bolts?

I suppose the question is, can I discard the black frame as well as the glass and runners?

Rich_p

I removed everything on mine.

It was a pig of a job though which resulted in lots of swearing and blood everywhere!

jackherer

The only tricky bit I remember was drilling out the rivnuts as they just wanted to spin in place, I had to get someone to hold them with some grips from inside the shell.

Rich_p
The only tricky bit I remember was drilling out the rivnuts as they just wanted to spin in place, I had to get someone to hold them with some grips from inside the shell.

Are the rivnuts the little brass things on the underside?

If so I actually left those on and got some small mushroom head screws that fitted and then screwed the new plate into place.

Alan_M
Are the rivnuts the little brass things on the underside?

If so I actually left those on and got some small mushroom head screws that fitted and then screwed the new plate into place.

Aren't the rivnnuts attached to the black frame though?

jackherer

IIRC they are attached to the roof at the rear at least. It was a while ago though so I may be wrong.