• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
saveloy

Omex Management

saveloy

I have a mis-fire and my engine struggles to rev - as if the timing is retarded. The car began to miss suddenly a few weeks ago. It will idle no problem, though.

The laptop shows the throttle figure is fine with the ignition on. However, with the engine running the throttle figure is erratic and wrong. It will barely register 20%, even though the throttle is floored.

The tps has been replaced - no joy.

MAP sensor replaced - no joy.

Under the advisement of the guys at Omex (they said it was an interference issue) I physically disconnected the lambda sensor and turned it off. Again, no joy.

Anyone have an idea as to what I should do next?

sideways danny
I have a mis-fire and my engine struggles to rev - as if the timing is retarded. The car began to miss suddenly a few weeks ago. It will idle no problem, though.

The laptop shows the throttle figure is fine with the ignition on. However, with the engine running the throttle figure is erratic and wrong. It will barely register 20%, even though the throttle is floored.

The tps has been replaced - no joy.

MAP sensor replaced - no joy.

Under the advisement of the guys at Omex (they said it was an interference issue) I physically disconnected the lambda sensor and turned it off. Again, no joy.

Anyone have an idea as to what I should do next?

could there be a short in the loom?

andychalmers

make sure pins into the ECU have a good connection and ok, my connector on the Omex 500 for some reason just fell off :D .

I would strip the loom out and check for any wear or damage, also test each cable with a continuity metre. It will prob be something real simple.