• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ORB

What Do I Remove

ORB

I have been running my MI16 on a Dizzy adaptor for a while, but just swapping to Megajolt after securing a deal with a member of this fine site.

What I want to know, is, what exactly do I no longer need? I guess it is just the old Dizzy riring loom and the Ignition amp. But would like a little more idiots guide as I dont want to take out anything I will need when the Jolt gets to my car?

thanks

wracing

Ok a very quick guide,

Dizzy gone

Coil gone

ignition amp gone

Leave wiring for the time been as you can use it for live feed tacho(dash) etc etc

Fit 36-1 wheel on the end of the crank with the missing tooth aligned with cyl 1 at tdc (please check off the very top of my head)

Fit sensor at 90 clockwise 1-1.5mm from the wheel (please check off the very top of my head)

Use shielded cable to connect the vr sensor to the edis module

Connect megajolt to edis module

Mount and connect coil pack

Fit cap if needed

Hook up live feeds

Fit map/tps to megajolt

That’s it I think

pm me for wiring diagrams etc etc

James

Stu
Fit 36-1 wheel on the end of the crank with the missing tooth aligned with cyl 1 at tdc (please check off the very top of my head)

Fit sensor at 90 clockwise 1-1.5mm from the wheel (please check off the very top of my head)

James

So far as im aware, it doesnt matter where the toothed wheel is in relation to TDC, so long as when the engine is at TDC, the VR sensor is 90degress from the missing tooth on the wheel...

It doesnt help a lot, but if you're struggling/struggled like me to get the timing wheel in the right place any little bit helps..

Also, the M8 bolt holes on the side of the Mi sump make a perfect base for a bracket.. ;)

wracing

Thanks for clearing that up, the last edis work i did was a static advance system for banger racers. It’s a shame you can’t utilise the 60-2 wheel on the flywheel on the 'later' engines.

unariciflocos

I removed the old loom and ECU and made a new loom for the edis module, coilpack, megajolt, VR sensor and a seperate loom for reverse light (two wires), coolant level (2 wires), oil light, oil pressure, coolant temp, coolant light and started solenoid (each one wire) all going to the 9 pin plug under the dash.

mattbenselin

Easiest thing to do is make a new loom for the MJ and leave the standard one there, just tie back the bits you don't need, depends how tidy you want your engine bay to look!

Like andrei (unariciflocos) I took my loom out, cut out all the parts I wouldnt need and added all the MJ stuff and re-sealed it all, looks very smart but if you just want function more than form then leave standard alone and lay over MJ one.

You won't need the parts already listed above. I don't know about the Mi head but on the 8v you can't just take the dizzy off because you leave the hole for the camshaft open. You need to swap it for a late coilpack thermo housing.

Everything you need information wise I have included in the kit, the CD has lots on it, but anything you are not sure on then ask us here.