• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dcc

205 Graphite Grey Body Work

dcc

I somehow managed to let my old man give me the use of the garrage for 2 weeks.

I need to sort out a few dents which are annoying me!

In terms of sanding down the bodywork ready for the filler, whats the best course of action? (is there an idiots guide? <_<)

I have read a few topics with regards to the best finish when painting, im not getting the car fully resprayed yet, but the finish I get is quite important, should I use a light or dark primer, or even something inbetween?

also away from the topic, whats the best paint type for using in the engine bay and also on the engine?

SurGie

Hi, i do speek english quite well ;)

You could try to put a little of the grey paint into some normal shade of grey primer to try and match it,

but as it is old you can never get it perfect unless you have a full re-spray.

Normal paint is what il be using my self when i sort mine out, on the engine bay.

Tom Fenton

If you are using filler you need to sand back to bare metal, put filler over paint and you will never ever hide it.

djinuk

Also if you are preping up any good panels (straight doors etc) then to save yourself heaps of time get some red scotch pads as they will key up the surface of the old paint 10x quicker. With regards to filler , the lines on the 205s are all mostly straight so get yourself a few diffrent sized sanding blocks, and as previously stated , whip the paint off back to metal, apply filler , and use a block to knock it back. If you dont you will mostly likely find ripples throughout the cars bodywork.