• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Batfink

13" Pts Alloys - What Offset

Batfink

I'm hoping I can fit my PTS alloys to my trackcar, but I dont know the offset. I will need them spaced out to 0 offset

but without knowing what offset they are its a little difficult to choose some!

Not sure whether they were fitted to the 1.6 or 1.9......

Kev

TT205
I'm hoping I can fit my PTS alloys to my trackcar, but I dont know the offset. I will need them spaced out to 0 offset

but without knowing what offset they are its a little difficult to choose some!

Not sure whether they were fitted to the 1.6 or 1.9......

Kev

Can't tell you the numbers - I had to run 10mm spacers, I know a couple of people who have them - I'll pm you details

Dave

205Rallee
Can't tell you the numbers - I had to run 10mm spacers, I know a couple of people who have them - I'll pm you details

Dave

I run them on my TU24 Rallye (1.6Gti set up).Without the spacers the tyres 185/60 13 would rub on the arms very slightly. With the 10mm spacers theres no problem.

Henry Yorke

These are 7J usually and were run on the original Rally 1600's I believe. I presume you would not need spacers for 1600 GTI hubs but need spacers on the 1900 hubs? The PTS SL434's replaced these wheels for the 1900 engines I guess.

Show us a pic Kev as I love these wheels :)

Henry Yorke
I run them on my TU24 Rallye (1.6Gti set up).Without the spacers the tyres 185/60 13 would rub on the arms very slightly. With the 10mm spacers theres no problem.

It surprises me that they catch on a "standard" setup. Were works struts thinner then? I will have a look through the homologation docs later if I remember

Batfink

i'll be trial fitting them on Friday so will grab a photo or two :)

Kev

205Rallee

There's no problem on the front. But on the back they run really close to the trailing arms and just skimmed the paint on the inside of the rear arches. I ran them for 20,000 miles with no problems, just looked a bit scary with the almost invisible clearance. I run them with the 10mm spacers on the back.

They were originally used on the Group A 205 GTi 1.6 and date back to 1984. They stopped using them when the rules wouldn't allow 7j wheels. I was told that the works people say that the cars they ran on these wheels were the best handling of all the tarmac 205's. Some of the one's I have still have the PTS blue paint on the inside and they came off M Sundstrom's works car.

Gentrix

When I read this, it seems that they are quite common for some people, is that right? Because over here, they are sooo rare - I only know one guy with a set of those. The SL 434 are really common compared to the 13"PTS.

Are there any for sale or swap somewhere?

andi

Edited by Gentrix

Batfink

right. I was wondering what a number on the side of the wheel was and thanks to the 309 turbo cup thread H 22 means the offset is 22

I need huge spacers lol

They are too small for race use as I'd have to remove a part on my custom hubs that adjusts the wishbone angle, but I will keep them for show use and get some really small rubber band slicks :D

EdCherry

Wanna post some pictures of them up for us that have never seen them batfink?

BackStreetRacecars
Wanna post some pictures of them up for us that have never seen them batfink?

I'll second that!! :D

Henry Yorke

To save Kev dusting off his camera...

post-3457-1242604547_thumb.jpg

Batfink

I did it! taken a while as i had to work out how to get my computer and phone talking via bluetooth

18052009065.jpg

I rather like the blue!

18052009066.jpg

EdCherry

Oh I rather like the wheels! very snazzy, 7J wide?

Batfink

Yes 7J wide so look rather meaty!

EdCherry

So im guessing they clear a 1600 setup.... will have to keep my eyes peeled!

205Rallee

There's miles of clearance with the std 1600 set up. They look a million times better with 195 45 13's or 175 50 13's :lol:

How cool they are with the original Peugeot Talbot Sport paint on the inside! I wouldn't hold out much hope of finding any on e bay or anywhere very often.

Rich_p
There's miles of clearance with the std 1600 set up. They look a million times better with 195 45 13's or 175 50 13's :lol:

How cool they are with the original Peugeot Talbot Sport paint on the inside! I wouldn't hold out much hope of finding any on e bay or anywhere very often.

Get a picture of yours up :lol:

Edited by Rich_p

205Rallee
Get a picture of yours up :lol:

Haven't got a clue how to do it! :lol: Have alook on SRH photography site and the Teeside Sprint 10th April 2009 you can see my white rallye on there.

EdCherry

Heres one

NSCRd1%20467.jpg

Very nice! :lol:

Rich_p

Nicked from SRH's website.

Nice car!

NSCRd1%20289.jpgNSCRd1%20171.jpg

205Rallee
Heres one

NSCRd1%20467.jpg

Very nice! :lol:

Well done, there's another with two wheels off the ground. Back to Teeside on Bholiday Monday for a two lap sprint, will try and beat the up to 2 litre cars again lol!

BackStreetRacecars

thats absolutely gorgeous... oh my word. what did these wheels originally come on?

205Rallee
thats absolutely gorgeous... oh my word. what did these wheels originally come on?

Cheers it's a brilliant car and its done over 125,000 miles despite being only used for sprints since 1994.

I bought the wheels back in 94 offa works Group A rally car that was being broken for parts. I swapped a couple of 1.9 wheels for two more. there was a tyre dealer in Carlisle who had shed loads of them at one time and I could have had loads but thought i didn't need any more. There's a 205 rallycross car in somebodys front garden near wher I live with 2 of these on it, I'll have to try and buy them before they go to the scrap yard.

arnold naber

looks the bomb...

any idea on the weight of the rims ?