• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sub205

306 Xsi (xu10j2) Magnetti Marelli Ignition Timing

sub205

Hello,

i heard that the MM in the 306 has adjustable Ignition-timings?

how can i change that? Only via Peugeot-Tester or are there other methods?

Greetings, Stephan

carbers205

The MM8P is mappable but Im not sure to what extent. I know that mapping here is quite expensive so I decided not to bother myself.

Can you not just use a vernier to adjust the timing instead?

sub205
The MM8P is mappable but Im not sure to what extent. I know that mapping here is quite expensive so I decided not to bother myself.

Can you not just use a vernier to adjust the timing instead?

a vernier?

the ecu is a wasted-spark type so the only way to change timing is moving the crankshaft sensor on its mounting

carbers205

Yeah a vernier pulley in place of the standard cam pulley will allow you to adjust the cam timing.

DaveW

Fit a better cam than the xsi one say like a 1.9 gti one so i hear...

sub205
Fit a better cam than the xsi one say like a 1.9 gti one so i hear...

A new cam is being manufactured right now. But i'm talking about ignition timing, sparking things ... ;-)

I've heard that the MagnettiMarelli is mapable in Igntion Timing directly from every Peugeot Dealer.

Cam timing is no issue for me.

welshpug

they are mappable in most cases, but in this country any more than one mapping session and the cost becomes rather prohibitive as it overtakes what an Aftermarket management system with its lower costs add up to.

(typical cost is £400 for MM, every time, most other systems as far as I Know have an initial session at about £300 odd then any subsequent changes are far cheaper as long as the changes to the engine specification aren't too drastic)

pug_ham

Adjusting the ignition timing shouldn't really be needed if the engine has the cam timing etc correctly set up as its controlled by the crank angle sensor for when it needs the spark & has a bult in minor adjustment to prevent pre-ignition.

(typical cost is £400 for MM, every time, most other systems as far as I Know have an initial session at about £300 odd then any subsequent changes are far cheaper as long as the changes to the engine specification aren't too drastic)

No it isn't, at Chipwizards inly the initial map costs around £400, any changes after that are usually much cheaper or sometimes free just like with other management systems.

Graham.

sub205
Adjusting the ignition timing shouldn't really be needed if the engine has the cam timing etc correctly set up as its controlled by the crank angle sensor for when it needs the spark & has a bult in minor adjustment to prevent pre-ignition.

No it isn't, at Chipwizards inly the initial map costs around £400, any changes after that are usually much cheaper or sometimes free just like with other management systems.

Graham.

wrong forum ... magnetti marelli is oem in peugeot 306 !