• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

Standard 1.9 Gti Alloy Specs

djinuk

Ok im wondering what the size and et is of the standard 1.9 gti alloys, im struggling to find the info, reason i ask is ive purcahsed some borbet 7j alloys i think et 10 or so and want to work out whats needed to fit my 205

djinuk

awesome link that :wacko: thanks, dont think i need to know anymore.. only that these are going to be fun to make fit. :wacko:

welshpug

a BIG hammer :wacko:

seriously though, they'll be a tight fit, the outer face will sit 9mm further out due to the differing ET, PLUS half an inch because of the width, the inner face will be about 4-5mm closer.

no chance if its a 309 beam I think...

Edited by welshpug

djinuk

ill see how it goes, if worse comes to it ill put them on another car or sell them on. but ill try :wacko:

djinuk

looking at it they may not actually be 7j, may be 6.5 as they came off a 106.. will have to see hey. wish me luck.

Baz

ET10 should actually be ok if it's a 205 beam etc.

Fondmetal 4000's that a few people on here run are 7" wide and have an ET11 offset and fit fine.

djinuk

Well folks, went to picup the wheels, got them along with 10mm spacers and longer bolts. Fitted them and believe it or not with the 10mm spacers they seem fine. Ive not been able to try the front yet though so it may not be the case, nor have i been able to lower the back end but here are the pics.. the mrs decided to stick her face in the last one.. bless

06122007633.jpg

06122007634.jpg

06122007636.jpg

welshpug

perfect!

djinuk

just realised last night, i hope they fit over my gti6 brakes :o, damn really shud of thought about that. We will see.

jimistdt

Looks lovely :o

Wheels too :P

mattbenselin

Good to see the 6-engine build is still going strong, or were the wheels a welcome distraction from annoyances elsewhere!

djinuk

haha, nah its still going well mate, wheels are just somthing a bit different.

Anthony
06122007634.jpg

Might be an optical illusion from the position/flash of the camera, but the top of the tyre looks to be very close to the inner arch...

djinuk

nah , its a couple of mm all the way round, it acutally sits the exact same as my speedline did.