• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gwpug

Rear Brakes Locking Up

gwpug

Hi all could use some advice on 2 things really,

i have just upgraded my front brakes with Tarox F2000 grooved discs and Ferodo dc2500 pads.

Under very heavy braking the rear seems to lock slightly and trys to step out, i had this problem before i upgraded the brakes tho.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Also my shocks are buggered and i was thinking of upgrading to the eibach springs and bilstein shocks that seems to be popular on the forum.

How stiff is this setup compared to standard and does anyone have any pictures of this setup on the car?

btw car is standard otherwise and i have toyo t1r tyres all round.

any help much appreiciated!!

j_turnell

Take it you have a 1.9? I'd check the pistons move on the rear calipers, more than likely a compensator problem which is very common, you'll get more info doing a search, plenty of threds on it.

Depends what bilsteins your going for really, but always found them to be well damped and good for the road, likewise with the eibach springs. Heres a pic of my old car on eibachs.

100_0976.jpg

gwpug
Take it you have a 1.9? I'd check the pistons move on the rear calipers, more than likely a compensator problem which is very common, you'll get more info doing a search, plenty of threds on it.

Depends what bilsteins your going for really, but always found them to be well damped and good for the road, likewise with the eibach springs. Heres a pic of my old car on eibachs.

100_0976.jpg

Car looks good!! Yes car is a 1.9. Not sur which dampers to go for really i saw some b4 and groupN dampers on the pug racing site but im unsure which to go for. I have a demon tweeks catalogue which doesnt really seem to list ither of these options however so im a bit puzzled!!! :wacko:

any ideas on th types of dampers??

gwpug

If i decided to use the eibach pro springs would this alter the wheel geometry causing exccessive tyre wear as my mate had a spax kit on his golf and it ate tyres!!!

I also tried to search for bilstein dampers on the forum and ended up confusing myself lol.

Group N or A, Challenge spec, tarmac/gravel?! :wub:

could anyone clarify what different types of bilstein shocks there are and what they are like/used for?

thanks in advance!

welshpug

your mates golf probably ate tyres because the camber wasn't corrected after fitting the new dampers, it's adjustable on most of them, its not on a pug 205....

James_R

Best off just ringing pugracing and asking demontheifs won't have it as the car's too old now and not enough sales volume I'd imagine. Miles knows what he's on about.

Oh and you'd want the tracking realigned if you lower it as a matter of course.

ALEX

My rears locked up after replacing the vac hose from the manifold to the servo with the wrong type of pipe.

It colapsed on its self and for some reason caused the rear brakes to lock up under hard breaking.

What ever your cause is Id get it sorted sharpish as it nearly killed me when it sent me in a spin on a busy b road!

Not joking either!!