• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chrisj21

Toad Ai606

chrisj21

Hi all,

Just received my toad alarm and im in need of some fitting instructions or a wiring diagram to identify the wires etc.

Has anybody got a copy the scan in or email me please.

Many thanks

chrisj21

Awesome, thanks mate

Much appreciated.

Chris

chrisj21

I've got a few questions about fitting the toad alarm if anyone can help.

Just been reading through the instructions and for the permanent power feed indicator wire (brown/green) it mentions +12v switched indicators and earth switched indicators.

Which does the 205 have?

permanent power feed wire. It mentions here to connect the wire to a +12v unfused supply (black cable with red tag)

Where have you conected this?

The instructions mention circuits that do not drop out whilst cranking

Can anyone elaberate on this?

It also mentions connecting to circuits that go to ground.

Again can anyone elaberate on this? are these earth cables i should be connecting to?

My only other major worry at the minute is connecting up the immobiliser wires. they come all wired into a connector.

Instructions say the following:

For correct operation, at least one of the immobilisation circuits must be ignition live and live while cranking.

Cut each circuit to be controlled (check current rating if in doubt) and then form an immobiliser circuit by simply cutting each wire loop. Connect one end of the wire loop to each end of the circuit you wish to isolate- polarity is not important.

Where abouts is this connected? to the live igniton wire? i am assuming that one circuit is identified by the white band around two wires and the other circuit by the other band.

Sorry if this isn't very clear, wiring isn't my strong point. any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

chrisj21

I have but it doesn't answer many of my questions.

Wiring im ok'ish with now, where they go etc but switched and earthed indicators? non the wiser

Circuits that do not drop whilst cranking? not to sure about this either.

Thanks

Edited by chrisj21

Simes

I'm in the middle of doing mine too - I've identified the correct wires but have yet to splice them in. I'll be tackling the rest next weekend.

Again quoted from Anthony back in 2004.

For those of you with Phase 2 GTi's with remote central locking as standard, I'll save you the hassle of working out the wiring - it's a negative pulse based system, and you need to connect the LOCK wire from the alarm (grey) to pin 8 of the underdash locking relay (on the side of the steering column), and the UNLOCK (blue) to pin 6.

As for the other wires you'll likely need from the 205 loom to splice/cut - the wire numbers are correct, and the colours were as they were on my car (but might be different on yours as Peugeot were a bit inconsistant with the colours):

Wire #1 (Red) - Constant +12v

Wire #2 (Red) - Ignition

Wire #46 (White) - Starter

Wire #48 (Grey) - Left Indicator

Wire #49 (White) - Right Indicator

Wire #76 (White) - Fuel pump

All these wires are under and around the ECU area of the car, except #46 and #49 which you can splice in behind the hazard switch. I've not got any further, however these are the important ones.

chrisj21

Well i made some progress today by removing the old immobiliser from the car.

All removed ok and wired back together so the car runs without any immobiliser, but where the previous one was installed they have cut the orange wire very close to the plug so its left almost no wire to re solder.

On the good side i now know where to and what to attach the toad immobiliser to going from my old immobiliser.

One question though, on the toad immobiliser there are four wires, all black that go to one plug, two wires with a white band and two with a blue band. i assume the two white wires make one circuit and the two blue another?

Do i just cut away the plug as i assume its no use?

Thanks

yorkshirekowboy

how you getting on with it mate? ive got mine to do but the weather has been poor B)

chrisj21

Well its in and working but theres still a few bits that need tidying and sorting out.

I only have one immobiliser circuit working at the minute so that needs sorting out, and i also need to figure out the central locking as i've fitted a new kit from maplin.

But generally its all good and working well. Need to tweak the sensor sensitivity a little and tidy the wiring.

With regards to the wiring the numbers above are all correct but the colours varied abit. I think the manual makes it sound harder than it is to be honest.

I stripped alot of the interior dash out, it was alot easier to find the wires and route the alarm wires well this way.

Chris

yorkshirekowboy
Well its in and working but theres still a few bits that need tidying and sorting out.

I only have one immobiliser circuit working at the minute so that needs sorting out, and i also need to figure out the central locking as i've fitted a new kit from maplin.

But generally its all good and working well. Need to tweak the sensor sensitivity a little and tidy the wiring.

With regards to the wiring the numbers above are all correct but the colours varied abit. I think the manual makes it sound harder than it is to be honest.

I stripped alot of the interior dash out, it was alot easier to find the wires and route the alarm wires well this way.

Chris

Now fella what did you immolisise? the starter or fuel pump.

I was reading the manual and you do cut the connector block from the alarm immobiliser wires to loop the circuit. What connectors did you use to splice the wires?

cheers

dan

chrisj21

Funnily enough that caught me out too <_<

As i have only used one circuit at the minute (one circuit is blue tape, and one white) i have cut one circuit from the white plug and left the other attached for now.

I've immobilised the starter motor at the minute (orange wire on the ignition barrell loom) and i plan to do the fuel pump if i can identify the wires.

I've soldered them in, i've cut the starter motor wire and joined them to each end.

I've soldered all the wires that i've spliced in when fitting.

Hope this helps.

Chris

timb1046

the fuel pump is a thick white wire coming from the back right of the F'box, the plug it comes from is yellow with a thick yellow wire also coming out of the plug.