• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stebbs

[engine_work] The Norris Motorsport 205 Mi16 Turbo On Carbs...

stebbs

Hi guys i`ve not really posted on here before so here goes, i bought the norris 205 seven or so months back and it always suffered from a lack of power bottom end. Recently its been having a few problems, cracked manifold and running very rich, until recently when it started to smoke. So then after a quick compression test it was down on cylinder 1, assume it was a ring as when i spoonful of oil was poured in the bore it matched the other cylinders. So rebuild time. I got in touch with norris and the cost was massive, so i took it upon myself and a mechanic friend to do the rebuild ourselves. I got in touch with peugeot about parts and they couldn`t supply a few, so i rang spoox. Everything in stock except for pistons and liners, which they could get in a couple of days. So last monday i took the engine out....good 5 hours :lol: lol and then stripped the head. Wednesday i stripped all the bottom end and the bores look a bit worse for wear so i took a trip to spoox to see darren, with piston, wet liner and shells in hand and the bits should be here tomorrow or saturday. So my task on monday is to rebuild the bottom end. I`m replacing everything because it has to be reliable and i sure as hell don`t want to be having to take it out again. Tom

mattbenselin

Start a project thread so we can follow the progress. Good luck with it all!

EdCherry

LOL, sounds like a bunch of fun! Have fun rebuidling it, I want to get the money together to rebuild one of my 1.6's but I need space and time to strip it down first!

Word of warning, maybe contact forum companys like QEP, Pugracing (Miles) and so on for engine parts. Spoox arn't exactly the definition of cheap!

stebbs

It wont let me start a project thread so started one here, its a good learning curve for me. :lol: uploading some pictures now.

stebbs

sorry mate forgot to rotate them before uploading...

j_turnell

Looking good, wondered what happened to that car. As above i'd try miles or QEP for liners rather than spoox.

stebbs

I've ordered everything from spoox, they`re really looking after me, sound advice, carry everything in stock, can't say a bad thing about them :ph34r:

I`ll update the pictures on here with shiny things when they arrive :excl:

EdCherry

Its not that i've heard anything bad about them, just there pricey when you can get the same bits from elsewhere for quite a bit cheaper.

Edited by EdCherry

rapidcossie

who is going to set up the carbs?

rapidmi
who is going to set up the carbs?

was thinking that myself

stebbs

what carbs :)

rubyna

So whats it gonna be, bodies isit?

stebbs

twin 45 jenveys are the new plan people