• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
BackStreetRacecars

Hub Options....

BackStreetRacecars

I apologise for the guff picture......but here is a 309 gti hub (right) next to a 205 1.6 gti hub(left)...

post-6256-1240946532_thumb.jpg

I know that the offset is different as the pic shows it, I am after the offset of the 1.6 hub, But I am running 309 shafts which wont fit, I was wondering if anyone else knew of peugeot hubs that have a similar pffset to the 1.6 ones but still use the same shafts as the 309 ones.... Or possibly change to 1.6 outers? I want to use wheels that are et25 and I loathe spacers so wanted a permanent fix... Either that or modify some old 1.9 drive flanges..... anyone???

Edited by BackStreetRacecars

welshpug

how wide are the ET 25 wheels, if they're not particularly wide they should go on fine on a non-1.6 offset hub as long as the wheel has enough clearance for the calipers.

I wouldn't at all be worried about wheel spacers if they are of good quality and the bolts are long enough.

AFAIK there is no solution the way you want it, only the opposite way!

Edited by welshpug

BackStreetRacecars

Wheels are seven inches wide and they touch the strut without even meetin the face of the hub!!

time to get busy with the lathe!!

welshpug

whoops! some 10-12mm odd Hubcentric should be plenty depending on the tyre then.

Baz

Don't use the 309 shafts?

BackStreetRacecars

But I just got them.... and the car has 309 wishbones. And the only 1.6 shafts I have knock like fook.... hmmmm decisions decisions.