• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Veero

Mi16 Rewiring Mission Questions

Veero

Right after the weekend's shennanigans of a slightly melted loom I have just started the process of rebuilding my Mi16 loom since the original BX one is far too long and a mess. I have a few queries though.

I have the wiring diagram shown below, but it shows lots of extra stuff I don't have. Also during trace routing the connections to make sure my loom is a good basis to copy I have found a couple of connections which don't match the wiring diagram but don't seem to be shorts. Does anyone have a good 3 row loom wiring diagram to work from which includes which pins are on which plug?

I would like to remove the old 1.6 wiring from the dash which if I'm honest was just a bodge and chopped where it emerged from the dash. Is removing the old wiring as easy as removing the dash surrounding the clocks as detailed here and just removing the old stuff?

I haven't found an earth spade near the ECU plug end, there are 3 that are there though, 1 is for the fuel pump supply +ve but unsure what the other 2 are.

Also does anyone know where to get sheilded cable from such as on the coil and crank sensor cables?

Cheers

Veero

Veero

Does anyone know the link for the place to get terminal pins to go in the coil plug?

Also the wiring diagram says the coil has 2 connectors, yet on my loom it has 3. However my coil plug had snapped off so was just 3 spade terminals the order of which is no a mystery. Can anyone do a quick coil and ignition amp wiring sketch for me please?

welshpug

I think this link from M@tt's sig should have the pin and wire data you need. http://www.buzzboxx.co.uk/Haynes_405.pdf

I don't think anyone has managed to get the terminals from anywhere but peugeopt/citroen as yet.

Veero
I think this link from M@tt's sig should have the pin and wire data you need. http://www.buzzboxx.co.uk/Haynes_405.pdf

I don't think anyone has managed to get the terminals from anywhere but peugeopt/citroen as yet.

Ah nice one Welsh, yes the engine bay wiring in there is useful. However the pins on the plugs aren't in order :rolleyes: but I have been able to decipher what goes where. Got some phantom connections on my BX loom for sure, no wonder it wasn't running right.

I am also missing the injection coding resistor, is that important on the 3 row loom, I thought the knock sensor adjusted the igntion?