• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
decoc182

Suspension Progress :) Gaz Gha And Gti Subframe

decoc182

Hello chaps :( I have made some progress on my XR now that I would like to share. I have bought a GTI subframe which is currently being seam welded. I also found some gaz coilovers which were cheap on 306gti. They are the GHA kit off a 306 gti6 which comes with 8" 250lb springs and 8.5" 300lb springs. Got these from the chap for £185 delivered. They are second hand and have covered about 20k on the owners 306. I am going to send them off to gaz for a damper refurb, was just wondering if there are any club discounts available??

Are these a good kit to have on a buget tarmac build?? Do 306 dampers/coilovers fit with relative ease?

AdamP

Those rates are going to be much too stiff IMO. I'd be looking for 170lb matched to GTi 19mm TBs on the back.

You'll need to move the brake hose brackets so that they don't foul the drop links :)

decoc182
Those rates are going to be much too stiff IMO. I'd be looking for 170lb matched to GTi 19mm TBs on the back.

You'll need to move the brake hose brackets so that they don't foul the drop links :)

Kool kool, ill get those brake hoses moved.

What would be a good TB and ARB size for the rear to match the 250lb springs?

Guest rmilbank

Adam do the Eibach 7001's give the correct lbs to match the 19mm TB?

AdamP
Adam do the Eibach 7001's give the correct lbs to match the 19mm TB?

No idea, no experience of them! I'm currently running spax springs which are around the 150lb mark I think and they feel about right on the hills and sprints, however for track work you'd get away with a bit stiffer before feeling the understeer.

Guest rmilbank

No worrys.

Anyone else know the spring lbs of the Eibach 7001's?

p.s. sorry for slight hijack

tom_m

they're on here somewhere; it's something like 100lbs progressive to 240lbs if memory serves