• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rupertfinch

106 Gti Fuel Filters On 205?

Rupertfinch

I recently replaced the fuel filter on my miami 1.6. I was careful not to overtighten everything, but it's now leaking worse than a pensioners bladder. I'm not particularly interested in becoming a human torch, so clearly a fix is in order.

I'm aware that the filter might require 2 crush washers at either end, but I was supplied with only 1 for each side. So my first avenue of exploration is to get a couple more washers and a wee bit of PTFE tape and hope that all is well.

However, I've been reading a lot about the use of 106 filters and have to say I like the sound of them more than twatting about with banjo bolts. Although I'm aware of the need to source some form of clamp to hold the filter in place.

2 questions...

1. With the use of suitable clamps (not jubilee), do 205 fuel lines push straight onto 106 gti filters?

2. Is there a variation in filters for the 106 gti? i.e. different years/phases.

This could all be academic, if the additional washers cures the problem, but could well be a mod to try on the cherry red moneypit.

Mark.

welshpug

nowt wrong with banjo bolts and copper washers, done fine on my 205 for 20 years :(

original 205 hoses wont just push on as they are plastic lined IIRC.

The only reason people use different filters is to get round the difficulty of fitting different sized hoses on the original filter when fitting different engines, it can be done but is far simpler to use a filter with smaller tails (i.e the 106/saxo filter, or 306/405/zx/xsara filter)

There is a difference in the hose fittings that go on the filters on the 106/306, but the filter itself remains the same.

Rupertfinch

Some more washers it is then! Many thanks Welshpug.

And in response to your avatar. Yes it is isn't it! :(

Sign in to follow this