• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
taffycrook

Retro Fit Air Con

taffycrook

Wondering if anyone has done this.

I am thinking of a eurpoean road trip next year to warmer climes and having driven cars with air con I wouldn't consider this trip without it.

or did any of the specials have air con.

SurGie

Yes the 1fm had them standard and air con was an optional extra after a certain date.

I have read that some have had it done, not sure where or who ?

I bet it should be easy enough, ya can probly still get the new parts frm pug still.

Ryan

I know Superjosh has done it, and probably a couple of others as well. It's something I've been working on doing eventually too.

Unless you can find a donor car, or a complete set of parts for sale then getting all the bits is the big problem, as they're not exactly common on UK 205s. You can mix and match some parts from other cars, but a lot of it - especially the stuff under the dash is 205-specific.

Everything was still available from pug last time I checked, but don't expect change from £1500!

Atari Boy

I sure I can remember a full second hand set up being on eBay six odd months ago. I think he was after around £150.

Miles

I got all mine for £100.00, The only thing really needing changing is the heat exchanger along with a couple of pipes but as said the Heater box and Control panel are very different

taffycrook

Cheers guys, on the look out for the bits.