• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
springs

Mc Fitting With Gti-6 Engine...

springs

Im having problems fitting my MC after i have fitted my gti-6 engine. It appears that its fouling the cambelt cover and i would guess that it needs cutting away.

Is this safe to do and how much can i safely cut away before it starts getting to close to the belt?

tom_m
search.png

springs

i have looked but everyones is different. some have slotted into place fine and others have cut the coil cover as thats where it was fouling..

taylorspug

It will foul the cambelt cover whatever you do if the engine is sitting on standard mounts. As the search topics have highlighted, everyone has different clearance problems and different ways of getting around them, choose the best one for you and roll with it.

SurGie

Or a simpler idea is to use 1 or 2 more washer's at the lower part of the MC so it is angled up towards the

bonnet, thats what il be doing when i sort it out...

djinuk

just a thought with regards to this , is it better to fit the engine and then worry about fitting the master cylinder after, or is it better to attempt to fit the engine with teh master cylinder fouling.

tom_m
just a thought with regards to this , is it better to fit the engine and then worry about fitting the master cylinder after, or is it better to attempt to fit the engine with teh master cylinder fouling.

depends on the solution you choose, the washers behind the MC is MUCH easir to do without the engine in the way. dropping the engine on it's mounts however can be done with it place.

springs

ive got washers on the bottom of the servo..

Alastairh
Or a simpler idea is to use 1 or 2 more washer's at the lower part of the MC so it is angled up towards the

bonnet, thats what il be doing when i sort it out...

You mean servo, not MC.

Remember that placing washers on the pedal box/servo is going to leave a gap which will ideally need sealing - much harder with the engine in place (I should imagine).

pugpete1108

it seems that it really depends on the situation as people have got away with just tilting the servo.

i had to do all three:

cut a small section out of the cambelt cover and grind a little off the rocker cover.

tilt the engine 2 degs on the lower mount

and tilt the servo with some washers too

just to gain enough clearance

SurGie

That's quite a lot, i had an mi16 2ltr and it didn't have nothing sorted out, just

the back,top engine plate and it just touched the cam cover, with Gp N it was fine on mine.

If your using washer's to help it, it would be better in you put a strengthening plate around the back

of the servo while your there.

I'm just not sure what to use to seal it, either panel sealant, filler (it may crack) or flexible silicon sealant ???