• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rom

Side Repeaters

Rom

Service Box list 632524 W/O Foll (fool?) Proofing. and 632559 with locating lug. Cant narrow it down with chassis number. Anyone know the differance ?

Ive seen some with and without rubber seals around the light, which sit against the wing...something to do with that maybe ?

Its an 89, but has 2 new gen wings, the newer, 1 listing for all Gti wings.

I did think about some clear ones, but they all look like fried eggs.

chrisj21

No idea about part numbers etc but i have two spares if you want them, they haven't got the rubber seals around them they were of a 1989. Postage cost is all i'd want

Chris

Edited by chrisj21

humanz
Service Box list 632524 W/O Foll (fool?) Proofing. and 632559 with locating lug. Cant narrow it down with chassis number. Anyone know the differance ?

Ive seen some with and without rubber seals around the light, which sit against the wing...something to do with that maybe ?

Its an 89, but has 2 new gen wings, the newer, 1 listing for all Gti wings.

I did think about some clear ones, but they all look like fried eggs.

Haven't checked Servicebox, so i'm not 100% sure about the foll? proofing bit. For sure, the ph1 side repeaters had a small locating lug in one corner, to help with orientaton of the side repeater, and perhaps securing? All that holds the ph1 repeaters in are some spring clips in the repeater base. The hole in the wing appears to be a simple hole, with a tiny hole off to one side. The ph2 side repeaters didn't have a lug or spring clips, but the holes in the wing are such that the side repeaters have to be pushed in and then twisted into their correct positions to secure them. Both my ph1 and ph2 side repeaters have rubber seals, tho the ph2 ones are larger with thicker rubber seals. Perhaps someone else will confirm what I've said.

Rom

Thx for the info.

I did the unthikable, and got a set of clear side repeaters. Hoping the fried egg effect in the pic was due to an orange bulb fitted. But they actually have an orange lense inbuilt, so even with the silve bulbs fitted they will look like fried eggs.

So think ill go back to standard. Cars at the bodyshop, so cant check wing pattern...

humanz

Could've warned you about the clear lens. Even my smoked ones have an orange lense inside. Still haven't fitted my smoked ones yet either...been trying to sort out more pressing matters. :ph34r: Plus, once I fit them, I can't go back, as they are ph2 and I have ph1 wings. Would have to source ph2 orange repeaters.

Rom

Yeah there shocking. Im not gonna use them as they are, half tempted to see if i can take them apart, and get the orange refletor out. As its not part of the outer lense, or the bulb holder.

I cant do much else until i have the car back, and i can see the holes etc. I know they were Gen wings on there, and it was a 89 phase 1.5. But its had 2 new Gen wings, which i assume are phase 2 spec, so same as i had anyway ? :lol: