• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Crazy-legs!

Xu10j2te Intermitant Misfire?

Crazy-legs!

Hi all. Just wondering whether any of you had any past experiance's with an intermitant missfire on the XU10J2TE engine?

It only seems to do it of boost, and when under load. But only when it feels like it. (Usually when you've given it the big lift-off into a corner, only to find it hesitates when you floor it!).

So far since rebuilding it ive changed the Plugs, leads, coilpack, CPS, Lamba-sensor, water temp sensor and god knows what else! Im begining to think it may be the MAP sensor, as its almost as though it runs a bit wooly, or rich of the bottom. But as this is soildered into the ECU, the only way to change it, is to fit another ECU!

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Cheers, Marc.

maxi

Spree! Where the f*** have you been!

The answer to this problem is simple, its been screaming at you for ages! Ditch the dogs*it std management and wang an omex or similar on there. Bigger turbo and and manifold and you will have no misfire along with another heard of ponies.....

Get it done!

Maxi

welshpug

these do have an Ignition amp, have you tried that?

Crazy-legs!

Cheers Adam! Lol. She's already running a slightly bigger turbo and a DFZ cam. I just wanna see how much i can get from the stock management, before i take the plunge and go standalone!

Welshpug, it does run an ignition amp, and i must admit, i havent tried that yet. Ive still got a feeling that its fuel-related though, which is why im thinking it could be the MAP sensor! I'll try and give the amp a go though.

Cheers for the reply's guys. Does anyone know of somebody local to me (West Sussex), that would have a late 2.0l turbo that i could try the ignition amp/ECU off on my car?

Cheers, Marc.

sonofsam
Cheers Adam! Lol. She's already running a slightly bigger turbo and a DFZ cam. I just wanna see how much i can get from the stock management, before i take the plunge and go standalone!

Welshpug, it does run an ignition amp, and i must admit, i havent tried that yet. Ive still got a feeling that its fuel-related though, which is why im thinking it could be the MAP sensor! I'll try and give the amp a go though.

Cheers for the reply's guys. Does anyone know of somebody local to me (West Sussex), that would have a late 2.0l turbo that i could try the ignition amp/ECU off on my car?

Cheers, Marc.

Hi Marc, Im not exactly local to you(about 10 miles outside Portsmouth on Hayling island)

and I also dont have a spare amp, but you can try the one thats on my car for an evening or day at the weekend?

Drop me a PM if you dont get anything else more local sorted .

Sam.

Crazy-legs!

Cheers sam, i'll probably take you up on that if i dont hear anything else!

Sign in to follow this