• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest danielnf82

What Brakes And Pads For A Standard 1.9 Pug.front And Rear?

Guest danielnf82

Hi im going to renew the brakes on my pug and its my first time doing it myself

I know gsf is a good place to get discs and pads but it confusses me which ones to get,its a standard 1.9 gti and the front and rear needs doing.

Whats the best discs and pads to get and is the rear set different to the front? CHEERS :ph34r:

Rom

Rears are different to the fronts yes.

Standard OE spec brakes are fine. Unless your looking for uprated ones ? I used Ferrodo on mine before i swapped engine and brakes. Always worked well, no issues with them.

If you want uprated, theres a lot of threads about them , but again Ferrodo and Mintex are good choices. But expect to pay a fair bit more than standard.

Guest danielnf82
Rears are different to the fronts yes.

Standard OE spec brakes are fine. Unless your looking for uprated ones ? I used Ferrodo on mine before i swapped engine and brakes. Always worked well, no issues with them.

If you want uprated, theres a lot of threads about them , but again Ferrodo and Mintex are good choices. But expect to pay a fair bit more than standard.

cheers mate,i was thinking just standard discs and pads but on the gsf web site it mentions a couple of different types front and back.just wondered which type was best???im thick i know lol

Rom

They only list 2 front discs ? The max are obviously some slightly uprated version id assume.

They only list 1 set of front pads, 1 set of rear discs, 1 set of rear pads.

So its only the option of front discs. Youd have to speak to them to confirm the differance, though both should fit, as there listed for 1.9 gti.

MrG

isn't it whether one set is for girling and the other bendix fronts? The rears are the same I think regardless. What year is your GTI?

rubyna
isn't it whether one set is for girling and the other bendix fronts? The rears are the same I think regardless. What year is your GTI?

Thats how ive allways been lead to belive...

Luke...

Miles

Thats how it's listed but no 1.9 Had Bendix front's (UK) or what is listed also is the Girling solid disc type of pad to confuse even more, but I would get some Brembo front and rear disc's and Mintex pads which GSF supply, fronts are MDB1628 but the rears are for the Bendix Calliper as fitted to 106, 306, 205, 309, ZX, 306, 206, Clio, Megane, R5 to name a few

Guest danielnf82

its a g-reg 89?

thanks for all the posts,now i can get on and do the job,which once done will give me more confidence to do other things.nothing looks simple when you aint don it eh!

Miles

The year makes no differance, 1987>1993 are all the same even with ABS, Same Calliper as fitted to the R5 and some Clio/Meganes too