• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
skinner2k3

Indicators Have Stopped Working

skinner2k3

I removed some of the old central locking/electric window loom from my passenger door. They were disconnected anyway so I just traced them into the dash a cut them off.

Suddenly I have no indicators, related do you think or have I probably knocked an earth out etc?

They all workied perfectly well before, the hazards still work.

Rock Lobster

Had this problem when connecting all the wiring back up on my car, had no indicators yet the hazards still worked! couldn't fathem this for ages and had the meter on everything and found a earth disconnected on the passenger side rear light cluster. So my guess would be that your spot on about an earth problem mate!

good luck!

Anthony

If the hazards still work, then it might be worth trying another hazard switch - the indicators are wired through it, and I've seen it several times where the hazard switch breaks in such a way that the hazards work but the indicators don't (indeed, sometimes you'll find wiggling the hazard switch around will make the indicators work again for a short time)

skinner2k3

Cheers chaps.

I removed the hazard relay the other day, you know the usuall take it out....look at it.....yeah that should do it job :lol: No good.

But.....I took the car out tonight and hey presto they work again. Either my car is magic and heals itself, or more likely you are right and I have an intermittent fault to look forward to.

I was at the scrappy today, I should have grabbed a couple of relays!

Anthony

The switch itself next to the clock I'm refering to...

skinner2k3

Aaaaaahhhhhh I see.

Cheers

Richie

If you can't get them to work just put a BMW badge on the back of your car.

skinner2k3
If you can't get them to work just put a BMW badge on the back of your car.

:lol:

timb1046

im another one in the hazzard relay switchy thing on the dash, had this problem a while ago after removing the switch and then puting it back but not putting it back in fully. hazzards worked but no indicators, switch out and back in again and hey presto indicators working all round :)

skinner2k3

Well after fixing themselves they have now gone again. Will remove the hazard switch wiggle the wires and see if that does the trick.