• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy M1tchell

Anyone Recommend Where To Buy A Good Quality Battery For My 205 Gti

Andy M1tchell

Hi any recommendations where to buy a good quality battery/high performance battery for my 205 gti - dont want to buy the halfords crap again this time round!

Thanx for any input! :unsure:

DrSarty

Why exactly is a Halfords battery crap?

I bet most batteries are nearly all the same standard. Naturally you want the correct size to fit in the tray, but the bigger capacity you can afford the better, and I think the brand is immaterial.

If you're having battery problems, I suspect something else is at fault. After all they're only a plastic box full of acid and lead plates. How does someone make a bad one?

Garry

The westco ones from MX5 parts are pretty good.

Rom

I run a Bosch Silver, cant remember what its from, but its a 6HN, its 60 AH, and 640 Amps, (EN) So its pretty monstrous :unsure: Tight fit, but does go !

ham149

best off getting a bosch one either a type 63 (ECP Part NO 412770030) or type 65 which is a bit bigger(ECP Part NO 412770050)

omega

all depends on how much money you want to pay but i would buy the biggest capacity battery that would fit in the space with the best guarante.i bought my car with a halfords battery[063] with a 3 year guarante that packed up after two years and they changed it so im well happy