• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest lazyspaniard

Couple Questions...

Guest lazyspaniard

Hi I have a couple of questions...

1) Anyone know how many Nm's torque the subframe bolts should be done up to. Can't find figure anywhere in the book of lies.

2) On one of the tie rod ends (where it bolts to hub), I can not get the nut done up/undone because the threaded shaft just spins round with the nut. I had this happen once before on another tie rod and I managed to hold the shaft with some pliers and do up the nut, but this one is not having any of it, nut is too seized. Any ideas?

j_turnell

Just do the subframe bolts up nice and tight, i wouldnt worry to much about the torque for these. The TRE spinning is a common problem, easiest way is to jack under the bottom of it, and it should come undone, an impact gun often does the trick too.

welshpug

I would worry about the torque, as it's not that tight! clean the threads and use threadlock though.

my workshop manuals has the torque setting missing, but it IS shown in my Service and repair manual

Front bolts 75 Nm / 55 Lbft

rear bolts 53 Nm / 39 LBft.

Rock Lobster

i had the same problem with the tie rod end, stuck a jack underneath it, managed to undo it enough to get a hacksaw underneath and just cut it off, bit of work and was replacing it anyway! job done!