• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Ms Tps Current.

pugpete1108

after going through the wiring checks before i fire her up i found the tps (motorbike one from the tbs) was reading 1200ohmswhen closed which rises and falls with the opening and closing of the throttle.

the ms setup docs state it should be between 0-300ohms when closed so i'm a little concerned that i have wired it up wrong.

any thoughts??

Cloverleaf

I assume you mean it just rises when you open the throttle?

What's the resistance at full throttle, should be something like 5k I would think.

pugpete1108
I assume you mean it just rises when you open the throttle?

What's the resistance at full throttle, should be something like 5k I would think.

yeah it rises when open and falls when shutting.

not sure exactly but i think it only goes up to 3.5-4k will have to check.

just worried the ms wont read it properly

wracing

its fine mega squirt has a calibrate function to allow you to use different tps.

as long as the tps is linear it will work with megasquirt fine.

those reistances are just an example

it should be a 3 pin device, without moving and the wiper central, you should see a large resistance across 2 of your pins and across the other pairs you should see the large resistance 1/2.

connect the +5REF to one side of the large reistance pin and ground to the other pin, the remaining pin is the tps input into megasquirt

dont wire 12v to the tps you will damage the adc in megasquirt!

any questions pm me.

pugpete1108
its fine mega squirt has a calibrate function to allow you to use different tps.

as long as the tps is linear it will work with megasquirt fine.

those reistances are just an example

it should be a 3 pin device, without moving and the wiper central, you should see a large resistance across 2 of your pins and across the other pairs you should see the large resistance 1/2.

connect the +5REF to one side of the large reistance pin and ground to the other pin, the remaining pin is the tps input into megasquirt

dont wire 12v to the tps you will damage the adc in megasquirt!

any questions pm me.

right, i get ya, i have no 12v going to the tps only +5ref (pin22) and earth (pin10) and tps input? (pin26)

i will go over it again to check.

so pin22 and pin10 to either side of the large resistance and pin26 the remaining one.