• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  

Oil Pressure Sensor

I have an oil pressure sensor (which wasn't connected) on my xsara vts engine. I'm guessing this will work when connected to my 205, but will the calibration be correct? From what I understand S16s have the correct calibrated sensors - will mine be the same? I don't know why mine has one, as it wasn't connected to anything, and vts' don't have a pressure gauge - ??!

welshpug

is it a switch or sender? I've seen many RS engine blocks with two switches

Errr - how do I tell? It has only one pin on the end iirc. It is relatively narrow too - about the same size as a 205 8v switch rather than the bigger sender...

Anthony

The oil pressure gauge sender on a '6 engine looks vaguely similar to an 8v one - I'm not sure on Xsara's, but I know that from what I've seen only Phase 1 GTi-6's (1996-1997) have an oil pressure sender on them, and Phase 2 and 3's don't, having a second (unconnected) oil pressure switch on them as mentioned above.

Switch must be what it is then - strange.

Miles

This does make me laugh, The S16 sender is fitted to all XSi's and ZX Volcane so the Ultra rare part is ball's, Just read this on the 306 Forum by a banned member

welshpug

there's one unused on my 405 as it happens :ph34r:

Alastairh

While your thinking about it. Have you got an oil temp sensor ok?

Im not selling one, im just sure some have them, and some don't.

Al

I do indeed have an oil temp sensor - in the sump at the front. Although, I'm sure I've read somewhere on here that it won't be calibrated correctly to run with my standard 205 guessometer. Not sure if my 8v sensor will fit, or if I need to get a different one. I am confusing myself with all the different sensors needed now!

I have just thought - I have a 94 306 8v xsi with an oil pressure gauge. Therefore, I could probably pinch this sender. However, are these 306 senders calibrated correctly? Or would I be better off using an adapter and use the 205 sender?