• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Sanchez

Which Washer Jets?

Sanchez

As per the title really. Is anyone using washer jets other than the standard 205 ones? I like how the standard ones are discrete but they pretty poor to be honest.

I just tried some Saxo ones and they don't go high enough on the screen to work properly. Ideally I'd like some that sprayed a wide jet but I'd consider anything over the standard ones.

So, which ones do you use?

omega
As per the title really. Is anyone using washer jets other than the standard 205 ones? I like how the standard ones are discrete but they pretty poor to be honest.

I just tried some Saxo ones and they don't go high enough on the screen to work properly. Ideally I'd like some that sprayed a wide jet but I'd consider anything over the standard ones.

So, which ones do you use?

if you do a search[washers] and read through first topic it might help you

Sanchez

Ah. I'd searched washer jets and nothing really come up. I'll give it a try but I'm still interested in people's choices.

swordfish210

I've got 405 spray bars and they're pretty good

Redtop

My dad has ones off a man truck on his 205. They are around £25 new for both. They have 4 jets, 2 above 2 below and all 4 can be adjusted. Clip perfect onto the wiper arm and come with a long black plastic cover that holds the pipe in place. He used black washer pipe and they don't look out of place and work very well:)

Sanchez
I've got 405 spray bars and they're pretty good

Are they a straight swap?

thirdtimelucky

Ive had 407 ones on a 205 go strait in, they give that fan spray effect but they are bigger that 205 ones. are your jets the early single jets or the later twin jets?

Sanchez
Ive had 407 ones on a 205 go strait in, they give that fan spray effect but they are bigger that 205 ones. are your jets the early single jets or the later twin jets?

They're just single, so the early ones.

I don't mind them being a little bigger to be honest. The Saxo ones were still okay size-wise but anything larger might look odd.

I'm going to give the ones suggested above a go at least.

Grim.Badger

First try cleaning the contact on the pump and putting new hose on; along with some discrete twin jet ones from Halford etc you should be fine :rolleyes:

shalmaneser

306 boys use Xsara washer jets I think? give out a mist not a spray so are quite a lot better - don't know if they'd fit a 205 though. loads of info on the chav site.

Baz

307 and BX spray bars also an option.

cRaig

I dont know if i would recommend 407 nozzles. Firstly they are pretty big, and they have been very hopeless, been pretty much constantly blocked on my parents 407, we are looking to replace them after several months of cleaning them with airlines etc.

engine killer
My dad has ones off a man truck on his 205. They are around £25 new for both. They have 4 jets, 2 above 2 below and all 4 can be adjusted. Clip perfect onto the wiper arm and come with a long black plastic cover that holds the pipe in place. He used black washer pipe and they don't look out of place and work very well:)

I am using the 405 swaybar, but your dad's one seem very interesting, do you mind posting a picture of it?

Thanks.

timmsy19

anyone got a link for the original thread on the 405 spray bars?

Redtop

2 jets either side and a straight fit to a 205 wiper arm. Doesn't block any visability and work great too. Well worth it imo. Use black washer pipe. The plastic cover for the pipe at the start of the arm is off the man truck kit too:)

DSC01023Medium.jpg

DSC01024Medium.jpg

engine killer
2 jets either side and a straight fit to a 205 wiper arm. Doesn't block any visability and work great too. Well worth it imo. Use black washer pipe. The plastic cover for the pipe at the start of the arm is off the man truck kit too:)

Thanks, great! I will see whether I can nick a set from my friend's garage (MAN dealer) :rolleyes:

GLPoomobile
anyone got a link for the original thread on the 405 spray bars?

Depends what you mean by "the original thread", as it has been covered about 50 million times :rolleyes: You'd probably have to search back to when the forum began to find the actual original topic!

Goliath

I have heard that 307 ones are good, they are certainly good on my dad's 307. They give out more of a mist and a much wider spray, I will be trying some when I get round to it.

PVFCpug

307 ones hit too low on the screen, actually below the wipers and there is no adjustment on them. I've ended up just going to pug and getting the newer twin jet small normal ones for the 205 perfect!

welshpug

another vote for 405 spraybars, actually seen near identical ones attached to truck wipers that I've fitted to Dafs and Renault's.

Phil H

I vote for 309 washer jets. Twin jets off each one and adjustable. Saxo ones hit under the wipers on mine, but that was with an auto bonnet.

Sanchez
I vote for 309 washer jets. Twin jets off each one and adjustable. Saxo ones hit under the wipers on mine, but that was with an auto bonnet.

They hit under with mine too and that's with the standard bonnet on. I assume that the 309 ones are a straight swap?

Edited by Sanchez

welshpug

my 205 had twin jet washers as standard, it's only early cars that had a single jet.

Simes

Twin jet saxo washers are identical to the 205 twin jet ones.

Veero

I got the 309 twin jet ones and cannot get them aligned right to save my life :wacko:

I use a pin to adjust where the ball points, but literally the teenyiest micro adjustment on the ball makes about 12 inches difference where it lands.

After much faffing and spraying myself in the face (comedy for anyone else watching) I managed to get the left side one aligned perfectly and the right side left V is correct but the right side right V jet goes clear of the windscreen otherwise it just sprays above the scuttle panel.

Why is it so fiddly or am I just being retarded ? :rolleyes: Is there a better way to adjust them?