• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Sanchez

Which Washer Jets?

jimistdt

^^ Ha Ha, I know exactly what you mean Veero, 45 times I must have got in and out of my seat trying to adjust the spray on mine, best thing is when you're driving it changes the spray pattern again....oh, right laugh :rolleyes:

Veero
^^ Ha Ha, I know exactly what you mean Veero, 45 times I must have got in and out of my seat trying to adjust the spray on mine, best thing is when you're driving it changes the spray pattern again....oh, right laugh :rolleyes:

My rear one's the funniest. If I'm stationary in traffic it totally misses the window and lands on the bonnet. :wacko:

If I'm moving who knows where it lands...

steve@cornwall

I have 306 twin jets on my 205 with auto bonnet, same sizes standard ones and easy to adjust. I also have 405 spray bars on the same car. the 306 jets are tons better than the single 205 items, the spray bars are tons better than the 306 twin jets. Together it's like a monsoon :rolleyes:

ALEX

I changed the water pipe to the jets on mine and it made a big difference.

It only cost about £1 per Meter.

The old pipe had gone yellow and brittle clogging up the jets.

richsmells

Silly question, but how do you remove the jets without destroying them?

I fitted some twin jet ones last year and after removing the old ones realised it could have been a lot easier, but I can't remember how. The new ones are blocked too now so I'm going to try cleaning the bottle and fitting new pipe.

Also, where can I get some new clear pipe from? Thanks :angry:

jimistdt
Silly question, but how do you remove the jets without destroying them?

I fitted some twin jet ones last year and after removing the old ones realised it could have been a lot easier, but I can't remember how. The new ones are blocked too now so I'm going to try cleaning the bottle and fitting new pipe.

Also, where can I get some new clear pipe from? Thanks :angry:

The Xsara jets are meant to be pretty good, and a straight fit. To get the old ones out squeeze them together from underneath and jiggle them out.

Try an aquairium supplies for the pipe itself Rich.

richsmells

Thanks, good shout on the aquarium air pipe! Need to find a pet shop tomorrow!

I realise I have to squeeze the bottom of the jets but they have two flat edges perpendicular to the bonnet which won't fit back through. Do I squeeze these inwards? I don't want to damage them too much.

I've just fitted a new pump and crimped on new spade terminals. Nearly there!

stufarri

Just sorted poor jet problem, by replacing the pipe (used micro irrigation pipe that I had in the garage as a temp measure) and if you are careful you can remove the ball bearing with the hole in it from the washer jet. I found that there was loads of crap blocking the hole on the inside.

If you are really careful the 'ball bearings with the hole' just unclip and then can be clipped back in once you have cleared out the black plastic thing they sit in.

To remove them from the bonnet you need to use some grippers gently on the inside of the bonnet clip and push up slightly. If you are gentle enough you won't damage it.

I have got refreshed twin jets now and after 30 mins titting about with a needle then nearly(ish) blow 4 holes in the screen where they land. Winner!

Edited by stufarri

Simes
I have got refreshed twin jets now and after 30 mins titting about with a needle then nearly(ish) blow 4 holes in the screen where they land. Winner!

Give it a couple of weeks........

Ben

the piping itself can be had from halfrauds for a couple of quid